With winter comes the unavoidable colds and for many children lice! Remarkably, though, lice can be prevented and Momtrends learned some tips from Adie Horowitz, owner, Licenders, one of the nation'??s leading experts on head lice prevention and treatment, on how to keep those bugs at bay!
Adie'??s tips for lice prevention:
1. Know the '??lice'? time of year.
- Winter: Travel time, clothing layers, hats, gloves, scarves, etc.
- Summer: Camp, play dates, travel, hats, road trips
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
2. Prevention products: peppermint is a deterrent scent to the bug, many shampoos/conditioners contain this ingredient.
3. Once per week throw backpacks, hats and jackets in the dryer for 20 minutes.
4. Educate children on the importance of not sharing hats, hair-bows, jackets and gloves.
5. Check your children frequently for head lice, it'??s much easier to get rid of if you discover it at an early stage.
For additional information, please visit: http://www.licenders.com/
Momtrends was not paid for this post.