With winter comes the unavoidable colds and for many children lice! Remarkably, though, lice can be prevented and Momtrends learned some tips from Adie Horowitz, owner, Licenders, one of the nation'??s leading experts on head lice prevention and treatment, on how to keep those bugs at bay!
Adie'??s tips for lice prevention:
1. Know the '??lice'? time of year.
- Winter: Travel time, clothing layers, hats, gloves, scarves, etc.
- Summer: Camp, play dates, travel, hats, road trips
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
2. Prevention products: peppermint is a deterrent scent to the bug, many shampoos/conditioners contain this ingredient.
3. Once per week throw backpacks, hats and jackets in the dryer for 20 minutes.
4. Educate children on the importance of not sharing hats, hair-bows, jackets and gloves.
5. Check your children frequently for head lice, it'??s much easier to get rid of if you discover it at an early stage.
For additional information, please visit: http://www.licenders.com/
Momtrends was not paid for this post.