With winter comes the unavoidable colds and for many children lice! Remarkably, though, lice can be prevented and Momtrends learned some tips from Adie Horowitz, owner, Licenders, one of the nation'??s leading experts on head lice prevention and treatment, on how to keep those bugs at bay!
Adie'??s tips for lice prevention:
1. Know the '??lice'? time of year.
- Winter: Travel time, clothing layers, hats, gloves, scarves, etc.
- Summer: Camp, play dates, travel, hats, road trips
2. Prevention products: peppermint is a deterrent scent to the bug, many shampoos/conditioners contain this ingredient.
3. Once per week throw backpacks, hats and jackets in the dryer for 20 minutes.
4. Educate children on the importance of not sharing hats, hair-bows, jackets and gloves.
5. Check your children frequently for head lice, it'??s much easier to get rid of if you discover it at an early stage.
For additional information, please visit: http://www.licenders.com/
Momtrends was not paid for this post.