While we are talking all about fashion for moms this month, we can't forget about our babies - especially since there are so man cute and affordable pieces for them to wear this fall.
Momtrends recently learned some tips from Michelle Pergament Visser, CEO of the brand new Organic baby apparel line BURT'??S BEES BABY, an extension of the iconic Burt'??s Bees brand that features earth-friendly organic products and practices, who gave some tips on the top baby fashion trends of the season.
TOP 5 BABY TRENDS THIS FALL
1) Organic Organic Organic! Not 50% organic that comes in plastic packaging or on a plastic hanger, but 100% GOTS (Global OrganicTextile Standard) certified organic!
2) Non-solid solids. Think Matisse or Van Gogh'??s Starry Night. From a distance the sky looks blue, but up close there are multiple colors. This technique is really fun for prints and stripes for baby. From far away you'??ll see soft blues and subtle pinks, but as you get closer you'??ll realize they'??re really made up of tiny stripes and miniature bumblebee prints.
3) Subtle, sophisticated colors, paired with baby classics. Soft blues and pinks mixed beautifully with cool greys.
4) A touch of ruffle. Subtlety is key here, like hidden on a back of a panty, under a dress, or on the butt of a coverall, but not too much and preferably not near the face. Just remember, less is more when it comes to ruffles.
5) Real baby clothes. What a relief, the mini me look, like mini mom or mini dad is ending. No more toddler and tween trends shrunken down to fit a newborn. They grow up fast enough - let'??s hope this trend lasts as long as their infancy does.
Momtrends was not paid for this post