It is almost 2012! Can you believe it? Most people go to parties and eventually end up watching the big ball drop in Times Square on TV. Now a new free app is designed to put you up close with the New Year'??s Eve Ball in Times Square, no matter where you are in the world. The Times Square Ball App is an interactive program, designed for Apple and Android devices, that allows you to watch the live streaming of the Times Square Ball as well as send greetings and photos to friends, family and followers on Facebook, Twitter and via email. As a free app, there is no better way to kick-off 2012!
More fun features:
- Users can submit New Year'??s photos for friends, family and other revelers to vote on via the app, on Facebook and Twitter. The photos with the most votes will be showcased on the Toshiba Vision sign atop One Times Square directly beneath the Waterford Crystal New Year'??s Eve Ball on December 31. Photos with the most votes will be posted at the top of each hour from 7 p.m. through 11 p.m., and displayed for the world to view during the live show.
- The app also includes a Toshiba Countdown Clock with your personal photo and time zone.
- New Year'??s Eve revelers sent more than 30,000 personalized cards to friends and family, directly from the app. The most popular card, the rainbow Times Square Ball, was shared more than 6,000 times, and as a result of its incredible popularity, it has been chosen as the face for the 2012 official Times Square Ball App.
- Tweet @TimesSquareBall for the chance to see a reply to or a retweet of your greetings for the New Year scroll on the home screen of the 2012 official Times Square Ball App.
- Send New Year'??s Eve cards with personalized greetings with photos from the app to friends, family and followers on Facebook, Twitter and via email.
- Watch live streaming of the Times Square Ball and Toshiba Vision screen atop One Times Square throughout the year as well as the highlight promo and other exclusive video content.
- Check-in via Foursquare, Facebook and Twitter to find out how far away you are from Times Square.
- Discover everything you need to know about the Times Square New Year'??s Eve Celebration, including the history, news, weather, photos, relevant maps, and live show schedule.
US Open Tennis for Kids
If you are an American tennis-lover, you've likely known that Labor Day is dedicated to watching the US Open in Flushing Queens. I've been to the event a few times and it's awesome. This year will be a little different, and we're staying up to date on the event and family ...read more
Serena & Lily Opens Hampton's Outpost
Wainscott welcomes the first Serena & Lily retail store. The lucky Hampton's enclave will be home to the a gorgeous assortment of bedding, tabletop, decor and accessories all perfect for a discerning decorator. Related: 10 chandeliers for girls This week I loaded up on a luxury ...read more
How to Create a Build Your Own Burger Bar
A burger bar is a fun way to keep your BBQ simple and to turn dinner into a casual party. Giving your family or guests lots of options for toppings and condiments keeps everyone happy. Now that more and more families are staying in, this is the type of meal that feels special. ...read more
For more information about Times Square New Year'??s Eve, visit www.TimesSquareNYC.org.
For more information about the Times Square Ball visit www.TimesSquareBall.net.
To download the app, please visit:
Momtrends was not paid for this post.