Staying on top of sun care is a bright idea for all people to protect skin from the sun'??s harmful effects for both the long and short term. Renowned Beverly Hills-based dermatologist Dr. Lori Hobbs takes the science of skin to the next level with expertise in a range of skin-related specialties and shares her top tips for caring for and shielding skin from the sun to keep it feeling
healthy and happy.
Did you know?
- Even if it doesn'??t seem sunny, 80 percent of the sun'??s rays penetrate the clouds.
- Snow reflects 80 percent of the sun'??s rays.
- Sand reflects 25 percent of the sun'??s rays.
When to apply:
- Regardless of gender, skin tone or skin type, everyone should apply sunscreen daily.
- Apply SPF products indoors, 15 to 20 minutes before heading outside to allow complete absorption.
- Reapply every two hours if outdoors or every 80 minutes if swimming or sweating.
How to apply:
Get Ready for Summer Tea Collection Sale
Even if we all have to stay local, summer is going strong. As you head to the pool or day camp you might have noticed your kids GREW during the past year. Just in time for summer, Tea Collection is rolling out a big deal on swimwear and graphic tees for kids. I've enlisted some ...read more
The Key to a Great Overnight Oat Recipe
Working moms know the importance of meal planning. I'm getting ready for busy few weeks and I've been perfecting my fast breakfast options. I’ve been using Bob's Redmill Organic Steel Cut Oats to prepare my overnight oats for a nice, cold breakfast in the morning and I'm going to ...read more
Morning Sickness Relief with Sea-Band Mama
While pregnancy is this amazing and beautiful time in a women's life, it is also one that can wreak havoc on the body. From morning sickness to discomfort to cravings, the body that you once knew so well becomes this vessel for your baby. Of course, this is all worth it but ...read more
- Apply at least a golf-ball size amount of sunscreen using a circular motion to completely cover exposed skin.
- Pay attention to areas of the skin that are often forgotten, like the neck, behind the ears, the dÃ©colletage and the backs of hands.
- Products like the Mary Kay Lip Protector Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15* are ideal for targeting specific areas, like the lips.
The right SPF products:
- Use a broad-spectrum product that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- Key active ingredients in Mary Kay Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30* target the sun'??s harmful rays to protect the skin.
More ways to stay safe in the sun:
- Wear clothing with sun protection properties.
- Protect the neck and dÃ©colletÃ© areas with a hat with at least a 3-centimeter brim.
- Limit sun exposure to avoid the harmful effects of the sun and do not use tanning beds.
For more information, please visit: http://www.marykay.com/default.aspx
Momtrends was not paid for this post