Staying on top of sun care is a bright idea for all people to protect skin from the sun'??s harmful effects for both the long and short term. Renowned Beverly Hills-based dermatologist Dr. Lori Hobbs takes the science of skin to the next level with expertise in a range of skin-related specialties and shares her top tips for caring for and shielding skin from the sun to keep it feeling
healthy and happy.
Did you know?
- Even if it doesn'??t seem sunny, 80 percent of the sun'??s rays penetrate the clouds.
- Snow reflects 80 percent of the sun'??s rays.
- Sand reflects 25 percent of the sun'??s rays.
When to apply:
- Regardless of gender, skin tone or skin type, everyone should apply sunscreen daily.
- Apply SPF products indoors, 15 to 20 minutes before heading outside to allow complete absorption.
- Reapply every two hours if outdoors or every 80 minutes if swimming or sweating.
How to apply:
- Apply at least a golf-ball size amount of sunscreen using a circular motion to completely cover exposed skin.
- Pay attention to areas of the skin that are often forgotten, like the neck, behind the ears, the dÃ©colletage and the backs of hands.
- Products like the Mary Kay Lip Protector Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15* are ideal for targeting specific areas, like the lips.
The right SPF products:
- Use a broad-spectrum product that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- Key active ingredients in Mary Kay Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30* target the sun'??s harmful rays to protect the skin.
More ways to stay safe in the sun:
- Wear clothing with sun protection properties.
- Protect the neck and dÃ©colletÃ© areas with a hat with at least a 3-centimeter brim.
- Limit sun exposure to avoid the harmful effects of the sun and do not use tanning beds.
For more information, please visit: http://www.marykay.com/default.aspx
Momtrends was not paid for this post