Staying on top of sun care is a bright idea for all people to protect skin from the sun'??s harmful effects for both the long and short term. Renowned Beverly Hills-based dermatologist Dr. Lori Hobbs takes the science of skin to the next level with expertise in a range of skin-related specialties and shares her top tips for caring for and shielding skin from the sun to keep it feeling
healthy and happy.
Did you know?
- Even if it doesn'??t seem sunny, 80 percent of the sun'??s rays penetrate the clouds.
- Snow reflects 80 percent of the sun'??s rays.
- Sand reflects 25 percent of the sun'??s rays.
When to apply:
- Regardless of gender, skin tone or skin type, everyone should apply sunscreen daily.
- Apply SPF products indoors, 15 to 20 minutes before heading outside to allow complete absorption.
- Reapply every two hours if outdoors or every 80 minutes if swimming or sweating.
How to apply:
21 Perfect Summer Cocktails
Summer is HERE! Cheers to that! We are embracing the relaxed atmosphere that Summer brings. Mamas, let down your hair and enjoy the little things in life, like cocktail umbrellas and margarita salt. To help get you in the mood for summer relaxation we've done some research and ...read more
Home Chef Pork Buying Basics
Nothing offers the smoker more versatility than the humble pig. Every cut off the pig is smoker friendly, and delivers a different delicious flavor to suit every taste. In his new book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoking Foods, Chef Ted Reader breaks down the different cuts of ...read more
Ultimate Refreshing Summer Poolside Punch
Time for some fun in the sun ladies and I have just the adult beverage you need! Yes, I said NEED. This poolside rum punch is so delicious and easy to make it will is the perfect recipe to whip up for the long, sunny, pool days ahead. Related: Frozen prosecco ice cubes ...read more
- Apply at least a golf-ball size amount of sunscreen using a circular motion to completely cover exposed skin.
- Pay attention to areas of the skin that are often forgotten, like the neck, behind the ears, the dÃ©colletage and the backs of hands.
- Products like the Mary Kay Lip Protector Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15* are ideal for targeting specific areas, like the lips.
The right SPF products:
- Use a broad-spectrum product that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- Key active ingredients in Mary Kay Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30* target the sun'??s harmful rays to protect the skin.
More ways to stay safe in the sun:
- Wear clothing with sun protection properties.
- Protect the neck and dÃ©colletÃ© areas with a hat with at least a 3-centimeter brim.
- Limit sun exposure to avoid the harmful effects of the sun and do not use tanning beds.
For more information, please visit: http://www.marykay.com/default.aspx
Momtrends was not paid for this post