Looks smart and travel smart--that's my motto for summer. A few weeks ago I was treated to a summer event with T.J.Maxx and Marshall's that was all about looking great this summer. Are you going to shop over Memorial weekend? You just might want to stop in one of these stores.
Each week more than 10,000 new items arrive in every store. You can expect discounts of 20-60%. I admit I'm not much of a bargain hunter. I don't like to dig through messy racks, so I was thrilled to see the stores were well organized and styled to inspire summer shopping. Isn't this a great look:
As I see it, these stores are about looking for inspired deals. Here's what I loved on my visit: Gucci wedges and a sparkly top from C&C
Style gurus Lilliana Vazquez and Pamela Pekerman led us through the stores in the Union Square area highlighting their picks for summer. Pamela loved all the bags and shoes (a girl after my own heart) and Lilliana had put together some swell outfits for just about every summer occasion.
Travel tips: TIPS TO BE A SMART AND STYLISH TRAVELER
- Don't let baggage restrictions affect your travel wardrobe. Purchase lightweight luggage to ensure you can pack more of your favorite fashionable frocks.
- Increased security at airports has made organization key while traveling. Purchase travel accessories like messenger bags and travel document organizers. This will help keep you organized and hands-free so you're able to tote additional items like luggage, snacks, books and strollers.
- To avoid an unintended bag swap at the airport, look for luggage in different prints and colors so your piece is easy to spot while still being stylish.
MORE FASHION FUN FOR MOMS
- Tips for picking the right sunglasses for your face.
- Stay in and still look cute summer fashion
- Styling distressed denim
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Mom Fashion Pinterest board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We did win a tote bag and receive a gift bag.