Skip to main content

Small Business Saturday

gift ideas babesta

89% of consumers said they believe that small businesses contribute positively to their local communities. I think the other 11% are asleep at the wheel. Small businesses turn a bunch of streets into a community. They add flair, personality and heart to a neighborhood. While I like shopping online for convenience, without small local boutiques, life would be colorless and bland.

This year to celebrate Small Business Saturday (Find out more about the movement here we are focusing on Babesta--one of our favorite spots in NYC to spot trends.

And, to help you get into the spirit, we've got a special code to add an incentive to shop, and shop local. Use code: MOMTRENDS15 to save 15% off or in-store (note excludes strollers and furniture). Expires: 12/31/12

If you are ready to lace up your Euro-sneaks and head into Tribeca, Babesta Threads and Cribz has banded together with 17 other TriBeCa businesses who are celebrating Small Business Saturday. For Small Business Saturday, Babesta is offering day-long discounts'??20% off* in the Threads store and 10% off* goods in Cribz, so it'??s a perfect time to think nursery, footmuffs, wall art, feeding goods and more. Babesta will have giveaways throughout the day (toys, discounts, etc!), goodies to nosh on, and festive music.

We've already been to the store and want to suggest a few of our favorite things.

esp jeans

City kids tend to be lean. That's why we love ESP No. 1 Jeans($72). The trim fit an modern colors appeal to boys and girls alike.

snow globe craft

Crafts for the craft-challenged. This Snow Globe by Seedling Kids ($28) is ideal for city folk with limited space and limited crafting skills (raises hand). You mold the clay, bake it like a shrinky dink and then let it set. Later you add water and glitter and voila! This is a great, whimsical snowy-day activity! $28

a is for apple

Fairisle has never been cooler. A for Apple Fair Aisle($82-88) sweatshirts hit the trend head on. The top is upbeat and bright and ready to be dressed up or down.

Scroll to Continue

Recommended Articles

What you Need to Know About the Ski Utah Ski Free Passport

How to Get Kids to Ski for Free in Utah

I know skiing with kids can be expensive. That's why I'm always looking for an angle to save myself and my readers some money. My goal? Get us all out on the slopes more with the kiddos without having to tap into our retirement accounts. Sure, you can pack lunches and get used more

What to Do After the Epilepsy Diagnosis for Your Child

What to Do After the Epilepsy Diagnosis for Your Child

In the spring of 2020, right in the early panic days of the COVID crisis, my daughter had a seizure. It scared us to the core. We called 911, got an ambulance and essentially that was when we started our epilepsy journey. 18 months later, I've learned a lot and want to help other more

Cabina bunk bed

Favorite Bunk Beds for Kids

Bunk beds don't have to be synonymous with bulky wooden beasts. Whether you need your brood to bunk together or just like the idea of them sharing a room, we love these sleek, modern takes on these space-saving beds. Related: 10 best wooden play kitchens for kids 10 Cool Bunk more


We've gotten nothing but rave reviews when we've given the Indie Button Factory by Chronicle ($18.95). Perfect for decorating backpacks or messenger bags, this "make your own" buttons kit is the perfect way to embrace the indie spirit.

gummi bath

The design house Jellio works out of Red Hook Brooklyn and delivered this fun bath-time color bomb. The Gummi bath toy is bright and fun and cavity-free ($28)

unicorn head

Who doesn't love a sparkly unicorn? This Unicorn Head by DFC ($750) is wall art that wows. The Mexican design duo casts some of the most amazing animal heads in glitter, gold, silver and any color you desire. We love the unicorn head for its cool yet girly appeal, custom made.

To shop local head to:

66 West Broadway
NY, NY 10007
(212) 608-4522

For more local shops visit this momtrendnyc post

*Note: Excluded from the sale are Bugaboo items and already sale items. Momtrends was not paid for this post.

Related Articles