I am a big fan of enjoying a sweet treat at the end of the day. Specifically when the kids are sleeping and I can finally unwind with something indulgent like an "adult" dessert. One of my favorites right now is anything with pistachio - a rich and hearty-healthy nut that is amazing in ice cream, candy or delicious treats like these macaroons. Created by Mastrad, a kitchen tools company, this delicious recipe infuses the rich taste of pistachio along with dried apricots, almond paste, cream, eggs and sugar to create the perfect indulgent treat that you deserve.
Pistachio & Apricot Macaroons Recipe
Prep time: 40 minutes
Leave to stand: 2 hours 15 minutes
Pistachio & Apricot Macaroons Ingredients:
- 4.5 oz egg whites (approx. 4)
- 4.5 oz almond powder
- 8 oz icing sugar
- granulated sugar
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
- 1 tbsp matcha tea powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted pistachios/ chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 3.5 oz low-fat cream
- 1.7 oz pistachio paste
- 0.7 oz softened butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract/ separated
- ¼ oz soft dried apricots
Pistachio & Apricot Macaroons Recipe:
To make the shells:
- At least one day before making, prepare the egg whites: separate the egg whites from the yolks and place them in the fridge in an airtight container using the Mastrad Silicone lid. Remove them from the fridge one hour before use so as to bring them back to room temperature.
- Pour the icing sugar and the almond powder into an electric mixer to obtain a fine powder (this is called half and half). Sift them into a bowl.
- Pour the egg whites into a large bowl, add 0.5 oz of granulated sugar then whisk with an electric whisk until the meringue mixture has the texture of shaving foam. Add the 1.5 oz of remaining sugar and finish whisking.
- Gently pour the sifted powders into the meringue mixture and then fold in with the Mastrad All Silicone spoon spatula.
- Add the mixed, sifted matcha tea powder to the macaron mixture. After cooking on the Mastrad Macaron baking sheet, sprinkle chopped pistachios over the shells.
To make the filling:
- Heat the fresh low-fat cream in a pan. Remove from heat. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract, the pistachio paste broken into pieces and whisk thoroughly.
- Place back on the heat and bring to a boil. Then put the pistachio mixture to the side.
- Beat the egg yolks with the second teaspoon of vanilla extract, whisk until the mixture whitens. Gradually add to the pistachio mixture. Mix it thoroughly then gently heat to 85°C/ 185°F (monitor with the Mastrad Cooking Thermometer). Stop cooking once the temperature is reached, then leave to cool.
- Add the softened butter, mix thoroughly then pour into the pastry bag and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Finely chop the soft dried apricots. Place them on a plate. Fill the macarons with the pistachio mixture then gently roll them in the apricots so that they stick to the cream. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
This is a sponsored post