When my own two kids were infants, I made all of their baby food. Of course, nine years ago, there was less product options on the market, so I made do with a mini food processor and ice cube trays. It did work, although it made bringing their food along a little difficult.
The new Fresh Starts line from Fit & Fresh solves these problems, with a line of baby food prep and storage created with today's busy parent in mind.
To make your own baby food, the Healthy Food Prep Pack (retailing for $29.99) features:
- A microwavable steamer, with enough room to steam vegetables for one to two meals.
- A food mill designed for easy grinding, along with an extra lid to prevent having to transfer contents for storage.
- A food prep container, with interchangeable metal grids to slice or dice fruits and vegetables.
Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Peaches
Small decisions add up when it comes to your health. Opting for a healthy dessert that skips the whipped cream in favor of rich, delicious Athenos Greek yogurt is a big start. We picked this recipe to share this week since it delivers big, satisfying flavor without tons of ...read more
Low Sugar Banana Muffins
Sharing recipes and healthy meal solutions for our kids is one of our Momtrends' missions. This week we're featuring a Low Calorie Banana Muffin recipe that's ideal for tucking into lunch boxes or for an after school treat. Related: Throw a pancake party Why Bananas? Here are ...read more
Family Ski Trip to Gunstock Mountain in New Hampshire
My journeys to ski New Hampshire started almost a decade ago. When I had a young ski racer, she qualified for a regional championship race at a mountain called Gunstock. It sounded exotic and steep! We were used to our tiny little hill in Connecticut and then skiing the powder ...read more
Once food is made, the Healthy Food on the Go pack provides options for both travel and storage, reminiscent of the adult Fit & Fresh products, including:
- 1 and 2 Cup Chilled Containers: These mini containers hold one or two cups of foods and include ice packs to keep food cool while out
- Chilled Travel Bowl: A divided bowl with three compartments, it also features an ice pack built into the base.
- Meal on the Go: A stackable square container with an upper dual compartment, a lower larger single compartment, and an ice pack to keep it all cool.
An added benefit to the Healthy Food on the Go pack? It grows with your kids! We use our one and two-cup containers for yogurt or fruit, and the Travel Bowl and Meal on the Go double as bentos for my nine and six year olds. I've also used the microwave steamer to add a few quick veggies to a meal and the food prep container is ideal for dicing melons for lunches. My husband has long used our Fit & Fresh containers for his lunch, we can't help but love the kid-sized ones too!
Shannon is a Canadian mom to her two little Texans, now living in Colorado,
and the author of '??BentoLunch.net '?? What'??s for Lunch at Our House,'?
her blog detailing the adventures of feeding her children.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We did receive samples to try.