We've all had those days, even weeks, where figuring out what's for dinner is a daunting task. Whether it's busy schedules, picky eaters, or just getting stuck in a rut with the same few meals, getting dinner on the table can be a dilemma.
E-Mealz.com can help take the pressure off a busy mom! The meal planning site provides multiple options for dinner plans, delivered right to your inbox, starting at a price of approximately $1.25 per week.
What we loved:
- Each meal plan contains SEVEN complete meals, not five or six, with a built-in day for leftovers or going out to dinner. My family and I like to plan for seven meals and, if we choose to go out, order a pizza, or finish leftovers, we can drop one item from our meal plan, versus planning on eating out once a week.
- You have your choice of grocery stores! Meal plans are available for several large grocery stores, including Kroger, Publix, Walmart, Aldi, and Ralph's, along with a "any grocery store" plan. We often shop at the commissary (we live on a military base) and discovered that the any grocery plan worked perfectly with our scheduled shopping.
- You have a choice of meal plans. Do you need low carb, low fat, gluten free, or vegetarian meals? All four of those are options when choosing a meal plan, and offered as Walmart, Publix or any grocery store options.
- There are fantastic shopping lists. Each menu plan also comes with a printable grocery list which you can reference before going to the store, broken down by section, labeled by meal, and including a list of pantry staples necessary. Following the included list made our grocery run much quicker.
- The meals are family-friendly and easy to prepare. This may be the most important factor. As a mom, I love sitting down to dinner with my family, but spending several hours in the kitchen isn't always feasible. I love meals that can be prepared simply when we are getting home late after activities.
E-Mealz plans are available by subscription on their website (http://e-mealz.com) for as low as 3 months for $21, including the choice of plans.
Shannon is a Canadian mom to her two little Texans, now living in Colorado,
and the author of
'??BentoLunch.net '?? What'??s for Lunch at Our House,'? her blog detailing the adventures of feeding her children.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.
We did receive a trial from E-Mealz to try out their site.