Beating the summer heat is a challenge for expecting moms. '??When shopping for summer maternity clothes to take you through those hot and humid months, women should invest in a few stylish lightweight pieces that can be worn for day or night,'? recommends celebrity stylist, mom and Encore Maternity founder, Lauren Maslin. Lauren'??s maternity style tips are guaranteed to keep moms-to-be looking cool and feeling great all summer long.
- No matter what trimester you are in, comfort is key. Stay away from synthetic clothing that will make you sweat more. Lightweight cotton or linen fabrics allow the body to breathe and keep you cool even in the mid-day heat.
- Stay on trend. Invest in flowing maternity summer dresses in colorful off-the-runway floral prints. Try a cotton maxi sundress or maternity wrap dress in bold colors or pretty pastels.
- Ditch your dark denim maternity jeans and stick to lightweight white maternity jeans or cotton leggings paired with a sheer tunic. Show off your legs in cuffed bold colored shorts and pair with fitted maternity tanks and t-shirts.
- Turn up the fashion heat with easy accessories like gold bangles and hoops.
- Keep your hair off your neck. Tie it up in a patterned scarf or use a pretty jeweled clip or headband.
- Comfortable shoes are a must. Lose the flip-flops. Metallic or nude strappy sandals or low wedges with a padded foot bed can easily be paired with any of these looks.
Lessons I've Learned Traveling to Sebasco Resort Maine
When you think of a summer getaway to Maine, it’s likely you are envisioning something akin to the Sebasco Harbor Resort. Tucked along Maine’s rocky coastline, this family-style resort has been hosting families for nearly 100 years. If you're ready to travel, take a look at the ...read more
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
Interested in purchasing one of these gorgeous fashions? All Momtrends readers will receive 20% off their purchase by using the promo code MOMTRENDS at checkout.
Encore Maternity.com fashion expert and founder, Lauren Maslin has spent the last 15 years as a sought after celebrity stylist on both coasts. Encore offers expecting moms a chic variety of gently used and new upscale designer maternity clothing. Lauren hand selects and green cleans every item for Encore Maternity.com. The carefully edited online clothing collection ranges from the sexiest Missoni couture dress to the
latest pair of Seven For All Mankind maternity jeans making Encore Maternity.com the best go-to resource for all moms-to-be.