The kids are out of school and on your nerves. They are sleeping late or maybe they are constantly raiding the fridge. Or even worse, they are watching TV all day. Momtrends recently learned some fun tips from Power Play, a revolutionary and first-of-its kind local doctor supervised teen weight loss program, on how to keep kids active and moving over the winter break.
Top 10 Ways To Keep Kids off the Couch Over the Holiday Break:
- While watching TV, have a contest who can come up with the most fun exercise during commercial breaks like jump roping with an invisible rope .
- Bring a football, soccer ball, basketball on vacation. Get outside with them and join the fun or invite a bunch of kids over to join in.
- Head to the Mall '?? you can walk, window shop, and burn some extra energy at the mall.
- Indoor Activity Centers '?? Visit Indoor Jump Houses, Indoor Trampoline Houses, and Indoor Playgrounds that have open play for kids.
- Walk to see the Holiday Lights '?? instead of piling in the car to drive the neighborhood, walk to see the holiday lights.
- Develop an indoor scavenger hunt '?? Depending on the age of your children, you can develop a hunt that will get the kids moving around the house. '?? Try '??Safari Hide and Seek'? '??hide the Elephant and different animal toys and the child has to find it.
- Have a Challenge '?? See who can do the most sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks or any other activity that will get your kids heart'??s pumping.
- Buy Active Holiday presents - Try to purchase at least one present for the kids that will get them up and moving. A Skipping rope, movement based video game, or even a hacky sack will encourage more movement.
- Train and Race in a Charity Run together '?? Many towns have holiday fun runs for charity. You can train together for the big event and then run or walk the race together.
- Create A Holiday Tradition - Whether it'??s a yearly ski trip, a trip to the woods to cut a Christmas Tree, or a visit to the outdoor skating rink '?? replace sedentary holiday traditions with more active ones.
For additional information, please visit:
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We will be staying active over break!