The team at Women & Co., Citi'??s personal finance resource for women, recently shared the results from their recent survey with Real Simple that that digs into how women are approaching holiday shopping this year.
Some of the biggest trends:
- Handmade gifts: The Women & Co./Real Simple survey found that 52% of women have started exchanging homemade presents to cut down on holiday costs. In this week'??s newsletter, you'??ll discover tips from Women & Co. on how to create easy, high-style, low-cost handmade gifts.
- Gifts that give back: The Women & Co./Real Simple survey found that the majority of women (57%) spend at least $50 or more on charity during the holidays. You'??ll find seven ideas for finding chic, yet charitable, gifts below.
Ski Moms Fun Podcast
The struggle is real, but the rewards are great. Welcome to the Ski Moms Fun Podcast a chat for women who love the outdoors and do the hard work of getting families out into the snow to play. Meet Your Hosts The Ski Moms Fun Podcast is hosted by Sarah Butler and Nicole ...read more
The Books Parents Need to Get Started on the College Search
We've got a high school junior and are starting to educate ourselves on the college process. I always rely on the advice of parents who've been there and experts to help me along the way. Two new books are the perfect reads for those of us embarking on this journey. Here are the ...read more
Preserve Recycles Toothbrushes
Put those used brushes back to work with this cool new Mail Back program from Preserve. These guys always amaze me with uses for our old yogurt cups. The Mail Back Pack is a revolutionary approach to packaging. When you are done with your toothbrush, you just send it back to ...read more
Money-saving tips to keep in mind when shopping for gifts:
- Shop smart online: If you're online shopping, don't leave the promo code box empty without a quick search to see if you can find any coupons or codes for a discount on your purchase. Also, look for a service that can help you save AFTER you've checked out, like the Citi® Price Rewind service available to eligible Citi cardholders. Just register your covered purchase and Citi Price Rewind will search products across hundreds of retailers' sites. If the same item is found and is at least $25 lower than what you paid within 30 calendar days of your purchase, Citi Price Rewind can refund you the difference, up to $250.*
- Shop with points: Before you hit the stores, check to see how many toys you can cross off your list by redeeming points that you've acquired through credit card or retailer rewards programs. For example, Citi ThankYou Rewards members can redeem points for hundreds of different toys, games, electronics and gifts at www.thankyou.com - and, if they have a Citi credit card that participates in ThankYou Rewards, they also have the ability to use points to complete their transactions while making purchases on Amazon.com.
- Look for daily deals: Amazon.com's Holiday Toy List is one example of an easy-to-search guide of the season's hottest toys, and their Gold Box section highlights daily deals with low prices on top electronic products, video games, and more. For updates on new deals and limited-time offers, users can also sign up for their Deal of the Day e-mail, or follow Amazon on Facebook or Twitter.'?
Momtrends was not paid for this post.