I love how excited my baby gets about bath time. She smiles, laughs and even kicks her feet in joy. With this fun routine I have been using gentle and non-allergenic bath washes since we have some sensitive skin in the family. A new baby care line called PK Baby has been my go-to wash and shampoo that is also colorless, fragrance-free and paraben free.
Developed by Elizabeth Cunnane Phillips, Philip Kingsley's hair expert and mother of two, the ultra mild PK Baby line is an easy to rinse formula that is designed for infants and toddlers. I love the wash was colorless and contained chamomile extract to soothe the scalp and amaranth protein to gently moisturize both the skin and the hair. As a company that coined the term "bad hair day," they understand the delicate nature of a baby's hair and developed a formal that is designed to be safe and treat.
In addition to testing out line, I learned some "Baby Hair IQ" from Elizabeth Cunnane Phillips who shared some helpful tips on how to keep a baby's hair and scalp healthy.
Babies'?? Hair Background:
- Hair follicles begin to develop on an unborn baby at 9 weeks gestation, with scalp hairs appearing at 20 weeks.
- Within the first 4 months of life, the first coat of scalp hair is shed in a wave pattern, and hairs then begin their normal daily growing and falling cycle.
How to Shampoo the Hair:
- As children get older and their hair begins to grow, a little shampoo will help to cleanse more effectively - this can be used around four weeks.
- A baby'??s head is so small that you only need one hand to shampoo with.
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
How Often Should You Wash Babies'?? Hair:
- It is safe to shampoo your baby'??s hair every day, provided you are using a mild shampoo.
- Daily shampooing helps to prevent the occurrence of cradle cap, the infant form of an adult scalp condition, pityriasis amiantacea.
- Cradle Cap most commonly occurs in babies up to three months old.
Conditioning the Hair:
- It is not really necessary to condition a baby'??s hair while it is relatively fine and fluffy, however once the hair starts to grow longer and thicken up, applying a little conditioner will help to keep it in tip top condition.
For additional information, please visit: philipkingsley.com
Momtrends was not paid for this post.