Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire?
Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have several ideas that can help!
With more antioxidants per serving than most other fruits, just ½ cup a day of this powerful superfruit helps to combat disease and promote healthy aging. Available frozen year-round, wild blueberries are easy and delicious!
- Frozen wild blueberries are ready to eat in the freezer year round and can remain frozen for over two years without losing their flavor or nutritional value.
- Quick frozen at harvest, wild blueberries foods actually retain their nutritional value longer than fresh because they are harvested at the height of their ripeness and nutritive value.
- Wild blueberries are known for their deep blue color, an indicator of high amounts of anthocyanin, a powerful antioxidant believed to protect against Alzheimer'??s and promote vision health.
- Referred to as a '??happy food'? because of their low glycemic index, wild blueberries help maintain mood, energy and concentration throughout the day.
- A diet including blueberries can reverse short-term memory loss, improve motor skills and maintain brain health, among other benefits.
Do you have any favorite blueberry ideas? My son will eat them straight out of the freezer as little frozen blueberry pops, and we all love blueberry muffins, pancakes, and blueberry banana bread. We'd love to hear more great ideas from our readers.
Shannon is a Canadian mom to her two little Texans, now living in Colorado, and the author of '??BentoLunch.net '?? What'??s for Lunch at Our House,'? her blog detailing the adventures of feeding her children.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.