It's Girl Scout Cookie time again!
Time for cute little girls to arrive at your door with boxes of Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs and more!
But what's your favorite? A new Good Morning America/SodaHead.com poll reveals the results.
Not surprisingly, the favorite Girl Scout Cookie in America is the Thin Mint, with nearly half (49%) of the respondents choosing it as their favorite. Girl Scouts of America also reports that Thin Mints account for at least one-quarter of their cookie sales as well.
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
What about the other cookies? Thin Mints are followed by followed by Samoas (28%), Tagalongs (11%), Do-Si-Dos (6%) and Trefoils (6%).
Some more fun cookie facts!
- Girl Scouts uses two different bakeries, depending on location, which accounts for some of the differences in cookie choices.
- Depending on the bakery, Do-Si-Dos are also called Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Samoas are Caramel Delites, Trefoils are Shortbreads, and Tagalongs are Peanut Butter Patties.
- Both bakeries are required to offer Thin Mints, Trefoils, and Do-Si-Dos, and can choose five other types of cookies.
- A new cookie debuted this year! Savannah Smiles are a lemon cookie coated with powdered sugar. Why Savannah? That's where Girl Scouts of America was founded.
- Want to help a Girl Scout, but don't really need the cookie calories? You can also donate boxes for the troops, which are sent to US military members!
What are your favorite cookies? As the poll indicated, we're all Thin Mint addicts at my house, with Samoas and Tagalongs running a close second!
Shannon is a Canadian mom to her two little Texans, now living in Colorado,
and the author of '??BentoLunch.net '?? What'??s for Lunch at Our House,'?
her blog detailing the adventures of feeding her children.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.
We do have a really cute Girl Scout selling cookies of our own!