It's Girl Scout Cookie time again!
Time for cute little girls to arrive at your door with boxes of Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs and more!
But what's your favorite? A new Good Morning America/SodaHead.com poll reveals the results.
Not surprisingly, the favorite Girl Scout Cookie in America is the Thin Mint, with nearly half (49%) of the respondents choosing it as their favorite. Girl Scouts of America also reports that Thin Mints account for at least one-quarter of their cookie sales as well.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
What about the other cookies? Thin Mints are followed by followed by Samoas (28%), Tagalongs (11%), Do-Si-Dos (6%) and Trefoils (6%).
Some more fun cookie facts!
- Girl Scouts uses two different bakeries, depending on location, which accounts for some of the differences in cookie choices.
- Depending on the bakery, Do-Si-Dos are also called Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Samoas are Caramel Delites, Trefoils are Shortbreads, and Tagalongs are Peanut Butter Patties.
- Both bakeries are required to offer Thin Mints, Trefoils, and Do-Si-Dos, and can choose five other types of cookies.
- A new cookie debuted this year! Savannah Smiles are a lemon cookie coated with powdered sugar. Why Savannah? That's where Girl Scouts of America was founded.
- Want to help a Girl Scout, but don't really need the cookie calories? You can also donate boxes for the troops, which are sent to US military members!
What are your favorite cookies? As the poll indicated, we're all Thin Mint addicts at my house, with Samoas and Tagalongs running a close second!
Shannon is a Canadian mom to her two little Texans, now living in Colorado,
and the author of '??BentoLunch.net '?? What'??s for Lunch at Our House,'?
her blog detailing the adventures of feeding her children.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.
We do have a really cute Girl Scout selling cookies of our own!