Cassandra Connors, Founder and director of Shop Bella Bag, the second-largest online seller of authentic, pre-loved luxury handbags and accessories, knows a thing or two about vintage fashion. Her passion for pre-loved designer goodies inspired her to create Shop Bella Bag, which is now home to hundreds of authentic, vintage designer treasures. Being that she is a fashion-savvy trendsetter, Cassandra has great tips when it comes to owning your sense of style. However, when it comes to the authenticity of a vintage designer goody, it can sometimes be hard to tell whether or not your piece is the real deal. Taking from her 13-Point Authenticity Inspection, Cassandra Connors provides some helpful tips on what to look for when authenticating a bag.
- Counting stitches. While tedious and somewhat frustrating, counting stitches can really be a deal breaking when it comes to authenticating a bag. Keep in mind that the real deals often have a much more complex stitching design that most knock-offs.
- Examine interior and exterior logo stamp. While knock-off logos might look like the real deal at a glance, a thorough examination is necessary to find the minor detail differences between the real logo and the knock-off logo.
- Trace serial numbers. Serial numbers almost always seal the deal in authenticating a bag. The serial number assigns a specific number to one designer piece that involves the history of the bag. A knock-off serial number will not show up in a designer database as it was most likely made up.
- Test hardware magnetism. This has a lot to do with the materials there are generally used with a specific brand. When the material used of the real deal is known, it'??s easy to compare the differences.
- Inspect zipper heads. Each brand uses a different zipper brand, and almost always uses the industrial ones. Also, zipper head designs are almost always altered, and because the zipper is such a small details, it can sometimes be hard to catch.
For more information, please visit www.shopbellabag.com.
The Best Sustainable Beauty Products
If clean beauty is important to you, then sustainable beauty probably is too. I know how important eco-conscious choices are to many of you, so I try to include at least one organic product in most of my beauty Momtrends MVP’s lists even if that isn’t the primary focus. That ...read more
Holiday Gift Guide For Skiers and Riders
Planning to hit the slopes this winter? We've got gifts for everyone in the family. It's all about maximizing time outdoors with our picks for the holiday gear to gift to your favorite skiers and riders. Remember to shop early to help get everything to you in time. Gifts for Her ...read more
Ski Moms Fun Podcast
The struggle is real, but the rewards are great. Welcome to the Ski Moms Fun Podcast for women who love the outdoors and do the hard work of getting families out into the snow to play. Listen to the Latest Podcast You can listen right on the blog or head to your favorite podcast ...read more
Momtrends was not paid for this post