Cassandra Connors, Founder and director of Shop Bella Bag, the second-largest online seller of authentic, pre-loved luxury handbags and accessories, knows a thing or two about vintage fashion. Her passion for pre-loved designer goodies inspired her to create Shop Bella Bag, which is now home to hundreds of authentic, vintage designer treasures. Being that she is a fashion-savvy trendsetter, Cassandra has great tips when it comes to owning your sense of style. However, when it comes to the authenticity of a vintage designer goody, it can sometimes be hard to tell whether or not your piece is the real deal. Taking from her 13-Point Authenticity Inspection, Cassandra Connors provides some helpful tips on what to look for when authenticating a bag.
- Counting stitches. While tedious and somewhat frustrating, counting stitches can really be a deal breaking when it comes to authenticating a bag. Keep in mind that the real deals often have a much more complex stitching design that most knock-offs.
- Examine interior and exterior logo stamp. While knock-off logos might look like the real deal at a glance, a thorough examination is necessary to find the minor detail differences between the real logo and the knock-off logo.
- Trace serial numbers. Serial numbers almost always seal the deal in authenticating a bag. The serial number assigns a specific number to one designer piece that involves the history of the bag. A knock-off serial number will not show up in a designer database as it was most likely made up.
- Test hardware magnetism. This has a lot to do with the materials there are generally used with a specific brand. When the material used of the real deal is known, it'??s easy to compare the differences.
- Inspect zipper heads. Each brand uses a different zipper brand, and almost always uses the industrial ones. Also, zipper head designs are almost always altered, and because the zipper is such a small details, it can sometimes be hard to catch.
For more information, please visit www.shopbellabag.com.
Boozy Hazelnut Coffee Cocktail
Another week, another cocktail recipe, girls. Last week, I must confess, I thoroughly enjoyed the strawberry bourbon smash cocktail. With family in town for my son's 4th birthday, there were reasons to celebrate. This fall we've switched it up to a warming cocktail a Boozy ...read more
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 36 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Momtrends was not paid for this post