A few months ago we reported on the red carpet about the new Disney/Pixar movie, Brave (check out our full review here). I loved the story of Merida and her mother and how they go on a life-changing adventure that brought them closer together. To celebrate the launch of Disney '?¢ Pixar'??s Blu-ray'?¢ Combo Pack release of Brave (out now!) Momtrends enjoyed a manicure complete with Scottish Tartan nail art designs inspired by and as seen in the movie, Brave. Katie Hughes, butter LONDON'??s Global Colour Ambassador designed the custom tartan-inspired nail design that included a mix of styles and colors for all that were in attendance.
Featuring chic and vibrant colors from butter LONDON, I got a soft pink manicure and two fingers with tartan prints in blue, pink and purple (see how-to guide below). While at the event, I also learned more about how to incorporate taran styles on budget including: elbow patches, a peplum, clutch, color block cardigan, watch band, iPhone case and more. Check out some of these styles to channel your inner Merida!
HOW TO CREATE TARTAN-STYLE NAILS:
- Paint two coats of butter LONDON'??s Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat for a beautiful, natural looking nail.
- Paint a brush-width strip of butter LONDON'??s Queen Vic down the outside part of your nail.
- With a thin, long nail art brush, paint a thin line of butter LONDON'??s Stag Do down each side of Queen Vic.
- With the same brush and colour, paint two small horizontal lines below the cuticle (try to keep the lines from going as low as the middle of the nail).
- Clean the brush in some acetone or nail lacquer remover and paint two horizontal lines of butter LONDON'??s Sprog at the tip of the nail, as well as one vertical line down the right side of the nail.
- Apply butter LONDON'??s Matte Finish Topcoat, and you'??re good to go!
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were treated to a manicure!