A few months ago we reported on the red carpet about the new Disney/Pixar movie, Brave (check out our full review here). I loved the story of Merida and her mother and how they go on a life-changing adventure that brought them closer together. To celebrate the launch of Disney '?¢ Pixar'??s Blu-ray'?¢ Combo Pack release of Brave (out now!) Momtrends enjoyed a manicure complete with Scottish Tartan nail art designs inspired by and as seen in the movie, Brave. Katie Hughes, butter LONDON'??s Global Colour Ambassador designed the custom tartan-inspired nail design that included a mix of styles and colors for all that were in attendance.
Featuring chic and vibrant colors from butter LONDON, I got a soft pink manicure and two fingers with tartan prints in blue, pink and purple (see how-to guide below). While at the event, I also learned more about how to incorporate taran styles on budget including: elbow patches, a peplum, clutch, color block cardigan, watch band, iPhone case and more. Check out some of these styles to channel your inner Merida!
Best Anti-Aging Hair Care Products
I have always had a thick mane of wild, wavy hair. It bugged me when I was younger because I forever tried to tame it into a blowout on my own instead of owning my waves. I typically save blowouts for the professionals now and go with my natural texture at home, haha! That being ...read more
21 Perfect Summer Cocktails
Summer is HERE! Cheers to that! We are embracing the relaxed atmosphere that Summer brings. Mamas, let down your hair and enjoy the little things in life, like cocktail umbrellas and margarita salt. To help get you in the mood for summer relaxation we've done some research and ...read more
Home Chef Pork Buying Basics
Nothing offers the smoker more versatility than the humble pig. Every cut off the pig is smoker friendly, and delivers a different delicious flavor to suit every taste. In his new book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoking Foods, Chef Ted Reader breaks down the different cuts of ...read more
HOW TO CREATE TARTAN-STYLE NAILS:
- Paint two coats of butter LONDON'??s Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat for a beautiful, natural looking nail.
- Paint a brush-width strip of butter LONDON'??s Queen Vic down the outside part of your nail.
- With a thin, long nail art brush, paint a thin line of butter LONDON'??s Stag Do down each side of Queen Vic.
- With the same brush and colour, paint two small horizontal lines below the cuticle (try to keep the lines from going as low as the middle of the nail).
- Clean the brush in some acetone or nail lacquer remover and paint two horizontal lines of butter LONDON'??s Sprog at the tip of the nail, as well as one vertical line down the right side of the nail.
- Apply butter LONDON'??s Matte Finish Topcoat, and you'??re good to go!
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were treated to a manicure!