A few months ago we reported on the red carpet about the new Disney/Pixar movie, Brave (check out our full review here). I loved the story of Merida and her mother and how they go on a life-changing adventure that brought them closer together. To celebrate the launch of Disney '?¢ Pixar'??s Blu-ray'?¢ Combo Pack release of Brave (out now!) Momtrends enjoyed a manicure complete with Scottish Tartan nail art designs inspired by and as seen in the movie, Brave. Katie Hughes, butter LONDON'??s Global Colour Ambassador designed the custom tartan-inspired nail design that included a mix of styles and colors for all that were in attendance.
Featuring chic and vibrant colors from butter LONDON, I got a soft pink manicure and two fingers with tartan prints in blue, pink and purple (see how-to guide below). While at the event, I also learned more about how to incorporate taran styles on budget including: elbow patches, a peplum, clutch, color block cardigan, watch band, iPhone case and more. Check out some of these styles to channel your inner Merida!
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
Perfect for Fall Pumpkin Spice Dirt Bomb Recipe
Get your pumpkin spice fix with this tasty dirt bomb recipe. Unlike fried donuts, this recipe is a little lighter and, since no hot oil is involved, a lot less messy. These dirt bombs, or baked donuts, are irresistible cakey muffins that are spiked with nutmeg and ginger, and ...read more
Save Money at a Ski Swap
Are the slopes in your future? If you want to save money on ski gear, consider a ski swap. A swap is a great way to buy and sell used equipment. Most swaps consist of a variety of gear, from brand new to used skis and snowboards to skis; from poles to boots to bindings and ...read more
HOW TO CREATE TARTAN-STYLE NAILS:
- Paint two coats of butter LONDON'??s Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat for a beautiful, natural looking nail.
- Paint a brush-width strip of butter LONDON'??s Queen Vic down the outside part of your nail.
- With a thin, long nail art brush, paint a thin line of butter LONDON'??s Stag Do down each side of Queen Vic.
- With the same brush and colour, paint two small horizontal lines below the cuticle (try to keep the lines from going as low as the middle of the nail).
- Clean the brush in some acetone or nail lacquer remover and paint two horizontal lines of butter LONDON'??s Sprog at the tip of the nail, as well as one vertical line down the right side of the nail.
- Apply butter LONDON'??s Matte Finish Topcoat, and you'??re good to go!
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were treated to a manicure!