Try something new! We're sharing a tasty recipe and nutritional facts about Barramundi and its nutritional properties. We all know fish is a wonder food '??packed with protein and omega3s, but many of us get stuck in a rut eating the same few varieties. The Better Fish by Australis is trying to convert even the pickiest of fish eaters with their sustainably-sourced sea bass called Barramundi.
Prized for generations in Australia and Southeast Asia, Barramundi has recently been getting some press for its health benefits (barramundi is packed with heart-healthy anti-aging properties, omega-3s (DHA and EPA) '?? not to mention a fish that is mercury free and low in calories. After trying barramundi, I loved its '??meaty'?? texture and mild flavors that paired well with the sweet pecans in the recipe below. Enjoy this delicious new fish and recipe from The Cooking Experience that even the pickiest kid (or mom) will love!
Pecan-Crusted Barramundi with Meyer Lemon and Herb BÃ©chamel
Recipe Created by Diane Henderiks of Dietitian in the Kitchen
4 Barramundi fillets
½ cup Kikkoman Panko Crumbs
½ cup unsalted toasted pecans; pulverized to crumbs
Zest of ½ Meyer lemon
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
2 teaspoons dried thyme
Salt and pepper
For Pecan Crust
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup of Horizon Organic 1% milk
½ cup Lifeway Plain Lowfat Kefir
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh parsley
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
dash of freshly grated nutmeg
3 tablespoons of meyer lemon juice
salt and pepper
½ cup Lifeway Plain Lowfat Kefir
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Lime Ponzo sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Make the coating: Combine Panko and pecan crumbs with the lemon zest, herbs, salt and pepper. Place in rimmed baking dish. Set aside.
3. Whisk together Lifeway Kefir and ponzu. Place in rimmed baking dish. Set aside.
4. Make the bÃ©chamel: Heat the butter in a saucepan until melted. Whisk in the flour, and cook for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly.
5. Slowly whisk in the milk, whisk continouously to avoid forming lumps.
6. Add the garlic, herbs and nutmeg and bring to a low boil. Lower the heat to a simmer immediately and continue to whisk while the sauce thickens. If the sauce gets too thick just whisk in more milk a little at a time. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
7. Dip the Barramundi fillets into Lifeway Kefir mixture then into panko mixture. Coat just both sides well.
8. Heat oil in large sautÃ© pan. Place fillets, into pan and sear for 2 minutes turn and repeat.
9. Remove from pan and place fillets in lightly greased baking dish and bake in oven for 15 minutes until fish flakes with a fork.
10. Turn oven to broil for 1-2 minutes until top is golden brown.
11. Pour warm bÃ©chamel sauce over the fish and serve immediately.
To learn more about Better Fish by Australis, please visit: www.thebetterfish.com/
ipt works fine on blogger, typepad, self-hosted wordpress blogs and displays the full collection inside your blog
Serena Norr is a NYC-based writer/editor, soup-maker, and more importantly, a mama. You can read more soup recipes on her blog: seriouslysoupy.blogspot.com.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.