Elizabeth Cunnane Phillips, Philip Kingsley hair expert and mother of two, knows first hand how important scalp and hair health is for babies. Based on these concerns, Philip Kingsley has launched PK Baby for infants and toddlers, a mild shampoo and body wash for daily use that is colorless, has a non allergenic fragrance and is SLS, SLES and paraben free. It is an easy to rinse formula that contains chamomile extract to soothe the scalp and amaranth protein to gently moisturize both the skin and the hair.
To help us learn how to take care of little ones hair Elizabeth Cunnane Phillips shared some fun tips on how to keep both baby hair and scalp healthy.
Babies'?? Hair Background
- Hair follicles begin to develop on an unborn baby at 9 weeks gestation, with scalp hairs appearing at 20 weeks.
- Within the first four months of life, the first coat of scalp hair is shed in a wave pattern, and hairs then begin their normal daily growing and falling cycle.
How to Shampoo the Hair
- As children get older and their hair begins to grow, a little shampoo will help to cleanse more effectively - this can be used around four weeks.
- A baby'??s head is so small that you only need one hand to shampoo with
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
How Often Should You Wash Babies'?? Hair:
- It is safe to shampoo your baby'??s hair every day, provided you are using a mild shampoo.
- Daily shampooing helps to prevent the occurrence of cradle cap, the infant form of an adult scalp condition, pityriasis amiantacea.
- Cradle Cap most commonly occurs in babies up to three months old.
Conditioning the Hair
- It is not really necessary to condition a baby'??s hair while it is relatively fine and fluffy, however once the hair starts to grow longer and thicken up, applying a little conditioner will help to keep it in tip top condition.
The PK Baby is available for $28 at philipkingsley.com
Momtrends was not paid for this post