Elizabeth Cunnane Phillips, Philip Kingsley hair expert and mother of two, knows first hand how important scalp and hair health is for babies. Based on these concerns, Philip Kingsley has launched PK Baby for infants and toddlers, a mild shampoo and body wash for daily use that is colorless, has a non allergenic fragrance and is SLS, SLES and paraben free. It is an easy to rinse formula that contains chamomile extract to soothe the scalp and amaranth protein to gently moisturize both the skin and the hair.
To help us learn how to take care of little ones hair Elizabeth Cunnane Phillips shared some fun tips on how to keep both baby hair and scalp healthy.
Babies'?? Hair Background
- Hair follicles begin to develop on an unborn baby at 9 weeks gestation, with scalp hairs appearing at 20 weeks.
- Within the first four months of life, the first coat of scalp hair is shed in a wave pattern, and hairs then begin their normal daily growing and falling cycle.
How to Shampoo the Hair
- As children get older and their hair begins to grow, a little shampoo will help to cleanse more effectively - this can be used around four weeks.
- A baby'??s head is so small that you only need one hand to shampoo with
Best Discoveries When Exploring Bend Oregon
I was completely charmed by my trip to Bend, Oregon. It's a blend of desert and mountain and incredibly cool. The vibe is small town and hip, but it's certainly on the move (they seem to be adding 10,000 new people every year). I made a few new discoveries when exploring Bend and ...read more
Is a Vizsla a Good Dog for Your Family?
Long before COVID arrived, our family decided we were ready for a dog. I grew up with dogs and knew my girls would gain a lot from the experience of owning a pet. Vizslas are wonderful and gorgeous dogs that require a ton of exercise and lot of time. Like me, you might wonder, ...read more
How to Get Kids to Ski for Free in Utah
I know skiing with kids can be expensive. That's why I'm always looking for an angle to save myself and my readers some money. My goal? Get us all out on the slopes more with the kiddos without having to tap into our retirement accounts. Sure, you can pack lunches and get used ...read more
How Often Should You Wash Babies'?? Hair:
- It is safe to shampoo your baby'??s hair every day, provided you are using a mild shampoo.
- Daily shampooing helps to prevent the occurrence of cradle cap, the infant form of an adult scalp condition, pityriasis amiantacea.
- Cradle Cap most commonly occurs in babies up to three months old.
Conditioning the Hair
- It is not really necessary to condition a baby'??s hair while it is relatively fine and fluffy, however once the hair starts to grow longer and thicken up, applying a little conditioner will help to keep it in tip top condition.
The PK Baby is available for $28 at philipkingsley.com
Momtrends was not paid for this post