Wondering what to do with your old ski boots? Turn them into planters for your garden. This easy craft is a fun project for ski lovers. With a few simple steps, you can create a whimsical planter for your deck or yard.
Recycle Your Old Ski Boots into Garden Planters
These boots have been through four seasons of use. They were beaten down and not fit for skiing. After a quick internet search, I couldn't find any place to recycle them, but I did get an idea on how to make my deck more attractive. I bought some gold spray paint and herbs and made a cute little ski boot planter.
Ski Boot Planter Materials
- Ski Boots (the older the better!)
- Tarp or cloth (to contain the mess)
- Spray paint
Ten Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to get ready for ski season
I finally see snow in the forecast here in Vermont and that means ski season isn't too far away. Like all gear-intensive sports, you're going to need to do some pre-season work to make sure you're ready for the first snow day. And don't forget, skiing and riding also require ...read more
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
Planning Snack Sized Fall Family Adventures
Fall is simply the best time of year for family adventures. When you live in New England, nature simply beckons you outdoors. Life was simpler when the girls were little, we had wide open calendars and outdoor adventures were easier to execute. But now with school plays, cross ...read more
Ski Boot Planter Instructions
Check out our video here to get inspired to make this planter.
- Remove liners from boots
- Clean and dry exterior and interior of boots
- Secure buckles.
- Optional: drill holes into the bottom of boots for drainage.
- Add heavy stones into toes and heel of boots and spread out the tarp to protect your work surface.
- Shake spray paint and follow instructions on can. My can instructed me to use two coats of paint. I allowed the boots to dry overnight before the second coat.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Fill boots with potting soil and your desired plant. Enjoy!
I hope this crafting project inspires you to look at old gear in a new way. Now I just need to figure out what to do with those ski poles that are lying around.
MORE HOME IMPROVEMENT IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- How to organize your mudroom or entrance way
- 13 DIY home improvement projects you can do in a weekend
- Easy budget friendly fire pit ideas
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Home-Style Inspiration board on Pinterest here.
This is not a sponsored post.