Wondering what to do with your old ski boots? Turn them into planters for your garden. This easy craft is a fun project for ski lovers. With a few simple steps, you can create a whimsical planter for your deck or yard.
Recycle Your Old Ski Boots into Garden Planters
These boots have been through four seasons of use. They were beaten down and not fit for skiing. After a quick internet search, I couldn't find any place to recycle them, but I did get an idea on how to make my deck more attractive. I bought some gold spray paint and herbs and made a cute little ski boot planter.
Ski Boot Planter Materials
- Ski Boots (the older the better!)
- Tarp or cloth (to contain the mess)
- Spray paint
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
Ski Boot Planter Instructions
Check out our video here to get inspired to make this planter.
- Remove liners from boots
- Clean and dry exterior and interior of boots
- Secure buckles.
- Optional: drill holes into the bottom of boots for drainage.
- Add heavy stones into toes and heel of boots and spread out the tarp to protect your work surface.
- Shake spray paint and follow instructions on can. My can instructed me to use two coats of paint. I allowed the boots to dry overnight before the second coat.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Fill boots with potting soil and your desired plant. Enjoy!
I hope this crafting project inspires you to look at old gear in a new way. Now I just need to figure out what to do with those ski poles that are lying around.
MORE HOME IMPROVEMENT IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- How to organize your mudroom or entrance way
- 13 DIY home improvement projects you can do in a weekend
- Easy budget friendly fire pit ideas
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Home-Style Inspiration board on Pinterest here.
This is not a sponsored post.