Colleen O'Leary from Honda at Nanuet emailed me her Top 5 Tips for Saving Gas:
- Drive moderate, no fast starts and stops: Average savings of 31 percent.
- Drive at lower speeds: Average savings of 12 percent especially on long trips.
- Whenever possible use cruise control: If you don'??t have cruise, get a new car from us! Average savings of 7 percent.
- Try to avoid long idling periods: If you pause longer than a minute, stop the engine and save up to 19 percent.
- Consider getting a new vehicle: We have more fuel efficient vehicles all the time. A new vehicle will be better tuned and more than likely to give you lots of joy.
The first four sound great and we'll let the last one slide--she does sell cars for a living after all!
Summer vacation plans: nothing--summer is her busy season!
Dream vacation: World tour with her fiancee (no kids yet for Colleen)
What she won't leave home without: PSP with latest movies
My tip: don't forget your Blink 2 in 1 Spray and Wipesto tackle messes. Spills happen--be prepared.