From our official Momtrends survey, it looks like many parents are staying put this summer. Well, that doesn't mean you can't have an adventure. Local parks, gardens and seaside spots are all ideal getaways for families lacking the time and money for ambitious trips.
I've rounded up five essentials for day trips with the kids:
- Go Blanket: Ideal for picnics, tummy time or a shady nap, this roomy blanket has been well-used by my family. Thanks a waterproof bottom liner, soggy grass won't ruin your outing . Toddler size is 29 x 36 ($39), but for bigger families, pick the 57 x 72 picnic model ($97.95). Love the patterns, such as lizard (shown)!
- Backpack Cooler from REI: Stash the snacks and leave your hands free with this insulated cooler backpack. $49
- Cleanwell 1-Ounce Spray Bottles: Hands can get might grimy at the park. When a sink is nowhere to be found, I rely on this all-natural hand cleaner to keep things clean. $18.95 for a 6-pack.
- Sigg Kids Eco Friendly Water Bottle: Reusable hydration in swell packaging. $20.95
- Charlotte Bug Net: Nothing spoils an outing like a cranky baby. Keep the critters at bay with this gorgeous bug net. Pick from perky butterflies or delightful dragonflies. Fits most strollers and comes in two colors (black or white). $28
Momtrends readers can save 20% on this item (Simply email Hedvig at firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase for a refund).