It's no secret that I love winter. When other moms are worried about what to do what the weather turns cold, I'm brimming with ideas. Bryant Park offers families a terrific way to get outside right in the middle of New York City. Winter might be my favorite time to plan a visit to the Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park to enjoy all the fun..
Related: Visit the Roosevelt Island Tram
Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park
This is the 20th season that the Winter Park will return to Bryant Park. The Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park features NYC’s only free-admission skating rink, holiday market and delicious food offerings. Sure, you probably know about the Rockefeller Rink, but if you don't live in NYC you might not have heard of this other skating spot. It's FREE! All you need to pay for are skates. It's in a great location, right near the NYC Public Library and very family friendly.
The village will be open in time for Halloween this year and is bringing back its annual Tricks & Treats party on Monday, October 31st from 3pm – 6pm. The free celebration will include eerie magic tricks, face painting, arts & crafts, and spooky stories that the whole family can enjoy. Kids will also be able to get a free Trick-or-Treat bag (while supplies last) and go trick-or-treating at The Holiday Shops.
Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park officially opens to the public on October 28, 2022 and will remain open through March 5, 2023.
Winter Village attractions this winter season:
- The Rink: the only free-admission ice skating rink in NYC will be open daily. The Rink is completely outdoors, and skate time and rentals can be reserved in advance online. New skate reservation dates will be released on a rolling basis throughout the season. Skate rental tickets for The Rink are now available. Please visit the "Reserve Tickets" button at the top of this page. Be sure to use your Bank of America credit or debit card at checkout to receive 10% off skate rentals.
- Holiday Shops: the open-air holiday market will be open daily through January 2, 2023, and will feature over 170 new and returning merchants.
- Small Business Spotlight presented by Bank of America: four New York City minority-owned small businesses with annual revenue of $1 million or less will have the chance to showcase their products in a rent-free booth, made possible by Bank of America, as part of this season’s Holiday Shops.
- The Lodge: a covered, outdoor après skate escape where visitors can cozy up with a festive cocktail, enjoy delicious food, watch the ice skaters or admire the tree.
Momtrends MVP’s: The Best Eye Cream
If I asked you to detail your daily skin care routine, would eye cream be at the top of your list? Is it on your list at all? If not, it’s probably time to test out a new product or two for your regimen. Don’t worry. Momtrends has you covered with our top picks for the best eye ...read more
Amazon Cyber Monday Beauty Deals
Its hard to believe the holidays are here! At Momtrends, we love a good deal, and we love to share. Since we know you don't have oodles of time to sift through emails, we did the work for you and put together our list of favorites from Amazon's Cyber Monday Beauty sale. 8 Best ...read more
Skin Perfected with the Le Mieux Ultrasonic Facial Tool
No lie – I love a good skincare gadget, but I’m pretty particular about what makes the cut. First and foremost, it has to work. It has to do something for my skin that is worth the time to use the device and the money to buy it in the first place. Second, I really hate products ...read more
A few years ago I went skating with my ski mama pal Kim-Marie. You can usually find us on the slopes, but this time we headed to Bryant Park to do some skating. I paired the Ski Mama t-shirt with my favorite cabi denim and a fur vest. I also added my favorite winter hat from Mitscoots.com (it's a great company that gives back by supporting the homeless community).
Skating at Bryant Park
The Rink offers individual and group lessons with skate coaches for all ages and levels, from beginners to those wishing to perfect their skating techniques. I think I could benefit from a lesson! I'm definitely a wall hugger. The rink does offer them, so I really have no excuses.
We had a great time skating and taking in all the magic of the Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park. This year we can't wait to add in a visit to The Lodge to grab drinks and soak in the atmosphere. This lodge will be the perfect place to cozy up with a festive cocktail.
MORE NYC CENTRIC THINGS TO DO
- Favorite museums in NYC for kids
- Plan your High Line visit here
- Broadway for kids and family shows in NYC
Use Pinterest to save your favorite NYC outings. Be sure to follow our New York City board here.
This is not a sponsored post. Images: Colin Miller for Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park, 2019//Angelito Jusay for Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park, 2018