It's no secret that I love winter. When other moms are worried about what to do what the weather turns cold, I'm brimming with ideas. Bryant Park offers families a terrific way to get outside right in the middle of New York City. Winter might be my favorite time to plan a visit to the Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park to enjoy all the fun..
Related: Visit the Roosevelt Island Tram
Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park
This is the 20th season that the Winter Park will return to Bryant Park. The Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park features NYC’s only free-admission skating rink, holiday market and delicious food offerings. Sure, you probably know about the Rockefeller Rink, but if you don't live in NYC you might not have heard of this other skating spot. It's FREE! All you need to pay for are skates. It's in a great location, right near the NYC Public Library and very family friendly.
Opening date is Friday, October 29, 2021 and the village will stay open until Sunday, March 6, 2022.
Winter Village attractions this winter season:
- The Rink: the only free-admission ice skating rink in NYC will be open daily. The Rink is completely outdoors, and skate time and rentals can be reserved in advance online. New skate reservation dates will be released on a rolling basis throughout the season. Masks are encouraged, and Bryant Park is continuing to implement additional cleaning protocols throughout the day to ensure high-touch surfaces and shared rental equipment are sanitized and safe for use.
- Holiday Shops: the open-air holiday market will be open daily through January 2, 2022, and will feature over 170 new and returning merchants.
- Small Business Spotlight presented by Bank of America: four New York City minority-owned small businesses with annual revenue of $1 million or less will have the chance to showcase their products in a rent-free booth, made possible by Bank of America, as part of this season’s Holiday Shops.
- The Lodge by Prime Video: a covered, outdoor après skate escape where visitors can cozy up with a festive cocktail, enjoy delicious food, watch the ice skaters or admire the tree.
Best Discoveries When Exploring Bend Oregon
I was completely charmed by my trip to Bend, Oregon. It's a blend of desert and mountain and incredibly cool. The vibe is small town and hip, but it's certainly on the move (they seem to be adding 10,000 new people every year). I made a few new discoveries when exploring Bend and ...read more
Is a Vizsla a Good Dog for Your Family?
Long before COVID arrived, our family decided we were ready for a dog. I grew up with dogs and knew my girls would gain a lot from the experience of owning a pet. Vizslas are wonderful and gorgeous dogs that require a ton of exercise and lot of time. Like me, you might wonder, ...read more
How to Get Kids to Ski for Free in Utah
I know skiing with kids can be expensive. That's why I'm always looking for an angle to save myself and my readers some money. My goal? Get us all out on the slopes more with the kiddos without having to tap into our retirement accounts. Sure, you can pack lunches and get used ...read more
A few years ago I went skating with my ski mama pal Kim-Marie. You can usually find us on the slopes, but this time we headed to Bryant Park to do some skating. I paired the Ski Mama t-shirt with my favorite cabi denim and a fur vest. I also added my favorite winter hat from Mitscoots.com (it's a great company that gives back by supporting the homeless community).
Skating at Bryant Park
The Rink offers individual and group lessons with skate coaches for all ages and levels, from beginners to those wishing to perfect their skating techniques. I think I could benefit from a lesson! I'm definitely a wall hugger.
We had a great time skating and taking in all the magic of the Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park. This year we can't wait to add in a visit to The Lodge by Prime Video. This lodge will be the perfect place to cozy up with a festive cocktail. I can't wait to go back and visit this year.
MORE NYC CENTRIC THINGS TO DO
- Favorite museums in NYC for kids
- Plan your High Line visit here
- Broadway for kids and family shows in NYC
Use Pinterest to save your favorite NYC outings. Be sure to follow our New York City board here.
This is not a sponsored post. Images: Colin Miller for Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park, 2019//Angelito Jusay for Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park, 2018