It's shoulder season; flights are cheaper and hotels are looking for guests--time to take advantage and book some trips. And whether you're planning on hitting up a big city, a quiet beach town, or the majestic mountains, we've got loads of tips to help you plan (seriously just search "travel tips" on the Momtrends homepage, and you'll have a plethora of ideas at your fingertips). Of course, we also value insider advice from industry experts--so we reached out to a few pros for their top family-friendly travel tips.
- Bring your baby monitor and get adjoining rooms. Being able to put your baby to bed early and still feel like you are on vacation is true relaxation.
- You can order items for your kids’ everyday use from online shopping sources and have them delivered directly to your hotel so it is waiting for you upon arrival. It’s a great space saver in your suitcase!
- If your kids feel more at-home with your pet, see if the hotel allows them and bring them along for the ride (The Blackstone is a pet-friendly hotel).
- Bring a backpack so you can store snacks/water/devices and chargers
- Plan a mix of activities wherever you go, meaning sprinkle in some adult sightseeing things, which might be boring to children as well as kid-friendly activities like children’s museums, parks, or fun restaurants
- Use smart phone apps and other online resources to check local restaurants in the area to see if there are any “kids eat free” options on Mondays or Tuesdays etc.
- Check the weather ahead of time and pack appropriately including shoes, sunscreen, and hats
- Research kid-friendly amenities or offerings at the hotel you’ll be staying at. For example, at JW Marriott Chicago we offer in-room items for kids such as a Chicago Bear if they forget their favorite stuffed animal at home or Cookies and Root Beer for an afternoon snack.
Want more from Momtrends?
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more