With summer break here, kids are getting ready to spend every waking moment texting their friends and sharing “for your eyes only” content on Snapchat and summer memories on Instagram. While class may not be in session, it is still important they are learning – primarily about how content they are sharing online can make them even more prone to cyberbullying and even follow them offline and create real issues in their personal lives.
Top 5 Tips for Parents to Help Educate Their Kids:
- Connect with your kids. Casually talk to them about the risks of all online connections and make sure the communication lines are open.
- Gain access. Parents should have passwords for their children’s social media accounts and passcodes to their children’s devices to have full access at any given moment.
- Learn their technology. Stay one step ahead and take the time to research the various devices your kids use. You want to know more about their devices than they do.
- Get social. Stay knowledgeable about the newest and latest social networks. You don’t have to create an account but it is important to understand how they work and if your kids are on them.
- Reputation management. Make sure your kids are aware anything they post online does not have an expiration date.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.mcafee.com/en-us/index.html
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
WANT MORE FROM MOMTRENDS?
- Change Your World by Being Kind
- How to Inspire Kindness in Children
- Learning Through Free Play and Fun
Use Pinterest to save your favorite articles. Be sure to follow our Parenting Tweens and Teens board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.