Flip flops. I just love them. The sound of the little flip and flop, the ease of just slipping them on (nothing else in my life is so easy!) and they can be worn with just about anything. With so many cool flip-flops to choose from, you could have a few for going out, some for kicking back at home and even a flip-flop for, yes, the beach.
Related: Best straw bags for summer
I'm wearing my new pair of ice blue Havaianas print flip flops that I got on Zappos. Each June, we order the family a new batch of shoes. In the summer, we wear them everywhere and we have a designated pair of house slippers that helps cut down on the amount of cleaning I have to do (read up on why we don't wear street shoes in the house here).
The Ten Best Flip Flops for Summer
This summer, treat yourself to a new pair (or two) from our favorites.
- Slim Sensations Havaianas: with their wide array of island inspired designs, these flip flops ($34) scream tropical getaway, even if you're only at the neighborhood pool. Get them on Zappos here.
- OluKai Ho'opio Flip-Flops: This brand takes inspiration from all things Hawaiian. This is a sleek little sandal ($65) that is also sturdy and well made. Get them on Zappos here.
- Rocket Dog: If you like a thicker strap and a sturdier sole, check out these lightweight options from Rocket Dog ($30) a California brand with a chill vibe. They make tons of flip flops with classic color combos and tons of stripes. Get them on Zappos here.
- Teva Olowahu: Some of the lightest footwear around, this brand also makes sandals that are sturdy and meant to last. If you are outdoorsy, this is your pick. Get them on Zappos here (2 for $40).
- Reef Blissful flip-flops: are the perfect neutral ($25). If you're going to buy one pair of flip-flops, a metallic pair will look fashionable and chic with bathing suits, shorts and sundresses. Buy on Zappos here.
- Asportuguesas by Fly London: The cork look of these trendy flip flops ($45) make them looks so cool and connects the shoes to where they are made, Portugal. A ripple-textured treads help with wet- and dry-surface traction on these breezy flip-flops. Get them at Nordstrom here.
- Tory Burch Mini Flip-Flops would look great with absolutely everything in my closet and the price of $98 is still great for this much style. Get them on Zappos here.
- Oka-B: Made for spas, these sandals have massage beads in the foot bed and wide comfortable straps make them a luxurious option. Made of recyclable material, they are super easy to clean; just wipe it down or throw them in the washing machine. They are sturdy enough for walking into town or a casual bike ride. See how we styled them on a trip to Tulum here. We like the Theresa ($32), get on Zappos here.
- Old Navy. With a price tag of $4 a pair, it's hard to argue with Old Navy as a family resource for summer sandals. This pineapple pair won't be around for long, but don't worry, Old Navy gets new stock seemingly every day. Get them at Old Navy here.
- Melissa Harmonic Studs. This pair is a little dressy for everyday ($65), but I love the jelly look (shiny!) and the fancy trim. This is a vacation flip flop that will look great with all your summer dresses. Get them at Nordstrom here.
More Summer Style from Momtrends
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Summer Style board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.