Beating the summer heat is a challenge for expecting moms. When shopping for summer maternity clothes to take you through those hot and humid months, women should invest in a few stylish lightweight pieces that can be worn for day or night, recommends celebrity stylist, mom and Encore Maternity founder, Lauren Maslin. Lauren's maternity style tips are guaranteed to keep moms-to-be looking cool and feeling great all summer long.
Related: Maternity Essential Style Pieces
- No matter what trimester you are in, comfort is key. Stay away from synthetic clothing that will make you sweat more. Lightweight cotton or linen fabrics allow the body to breathe and keep you cool even in the mid-day heat.
- Stay on trend. Invest in flowing maternity summer dresses in colorful off-the-runway floral prints. Try a cotton maxi sundress or maternity wrap dress in bold colors or pretty pastels.
- Ditch your dark denim maternity jeans and stick to lightweight white maternity jeans or cotton leggings paired with a sheer tunic. Show off your legs in cuffed bold colored shorts and pair with fitted maternity tanks and t-shirts.
- Turn up the fashion heat with easy accessories like gold bangles and hoops.
- Keep your hair off your neck. Tie it up in a patterned scarf or use a pretty jeweled clip or headband.
- Comfortable shoes are a must. Lose the flip-flops. Metallic or nude strappy sandals or low wedges with a padded foot bed can easily be paired with any of these looks.
- Capsule Wardrobes are great: A few key mix and match pieces can take the stress out of getting dressed each day. Head here to see our favorites.
MORE PREGNANCY HELP FROM MOMTRENDS
- 6 tips for staying fit during pregnancy
- New pregnancy book combines science and experience
- Pregnancy Safe-Skincare and Beauty Products
How to Get Your Child Involved in Ski Racing
Do you ever watch the Winter Olympics with your family? We sure do at this house. Seeing the ski racers fly down the mountains was a big part of what attracted our girls to ski racing, but the biggest draw was friendship and time spent in the snow. If you are wondering how to get ...read more
Compassion, Fear, and Facing the Reality of Gun Violence
This post was originally published in October of 2017, after a gunman opened fire at a concert in Las Vegas, killing 58 people. Five years later, it still applies. In this, the latest heartbreaking, soul-crushing human massacre, 14 were murdered at a elementary school in ...read more
DIY Flower Arrangement Mugs for Graduation
This is an usual graduation season. With COVID in our midst, we are isolating ourselves from the ones we love. I came up with a creative way to celebrate the graduates in my life with these DIY flower arrangement mugs using Fabulous Florals. Related: Easy DIY floral design tips ...read more
Use Pinterest to save your favorite parenting and pregnancy resources. And be sure to follow our Pregnancy-101 board here.