Summer is all about make the most of wearing the least. In the summer, I like to keep my fashion and beauty routine simple. A little mascara, a little lip gloss, moisturizer and I'm out the door. The same goes for fashion. That means it's easy to get dressed in the morning and a delight to lighten up. With these four favorite summer fashion staples on hand you are ready for any summer adventure.
Four Summer Style Essentials
- Havaianas: Let's start from the bottom--my footwear of choice in the summer is a flip flop. I have indoor and outdoor pairs and I favor the Havaianas for their style and sturdiness. The fresh teal color called "green leaf" is my favorite.
- Colorful Cover Ups: Since we're talking beach and summer, I can't help but include my all-time favorite coverups from Trina Turk. These tunics look great paired with a bikini or shorts and are always my go-to when packing for the surf and sand. You can't go wrong with these bold bright prints.
- Sunglasses:Finally nothing says classic summer style like a great pair of aviators. Maybe I still have a thing for Tom Cruise circa Top Gun/1980's (pre-Katie Holmes naturally), but I think these glasses have a cool gender bending appeal. Like I borrowed something from my super-cool boyfriend. Try the Ray Ban original aviator.
- Vaseline Total Moisture Aloe Fresh: the light feeling lotion helps keep sun-parched skin healthy and fresh. When I smooth on improved Vaseline Total Moisture my skin feels great and all the dryness is gone. Perfect for after a day at the beach.
Amazon Cyber Monday Beauty Deals
Its hard to believe the holidays are here! At Momtrends, we love a good deal, but we don't have oodles of time to sift through emails, so we put together our list of favorites from Amazon's Cyber Monday Beauty list for you. 8 Best Amazon Cyber Monday Beauty Deals Drybar Single ...read more
Skin Perfected with the Le Mieux Ultrasonic Facial Tool
No lie – I love a good skincare gadget, but I’m pretty particular about what makes the cut. First and foremost, it has to work. It has to do something for my skin that is worth the time to use the device and the money to buy it in the first place. Second, I really hate products ...read more
Holiday Gift Buying: Safety Tips and Age-Appropriate Toys for Kids
The holiday buying season is back and this year we are following a few tips from the Toy Industry Association to ensure that the gifts we get our kids are safe and age-appropriate. Related: 2022 Momtrends Best Toys and Gifts for Kids Age Guide to the Best Toys Let's start with ...read more
Great Summer Skin
With all the bare minimum fashion that we wear in summer, we all want great skin. When I smooth on improved Vaseline Total Moisture my skin feels great and all the dryness is gone. Hydrating formulas infuse moisture at the top, core and deep down layers of surface/dry skin. Don't believe me? Vaseline did a bit of research and found that in a blind survey, 82% of consumers said they are "Likely" or "Extremely likely" to buy Vaseline Total Moisture on their next shopping trip.
When I step out of the shower, I rely on Vaseline Total Moisture to lock in the moisture my body needs. The Aloe formula offers a light feeling formula leaves skin feeling healthy, light and fresh for 8 hours.
MORE FASHION FUN FOR MOMS
- Tips for picking the right sunglasses for your face.
- Learn more about cabi careers here
- Styling distressed denim
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Mom Fashion Pinterest board here.