Summer is all about make the most of wearing the least. In the summer, I like to keep my fashion and beauty routine simple. A little mascara, a little lip gloss, moisturizer and I'm out the door. The same goes for fashion. That means it's easy to get dressed in the morning and a delight to lighten up. With these four favorite summer fashion staples on hand you are ready for any summer adventure.
Four Summer Style Essentials
- Havaianas: Let's start from the bottom--my footwear of choice in the summer is a flip flop. I have indoor and outdoor pairs and I favor the Havaianas for their style and sturdiness. The fresh teal color called "green leaf" is my favorite.
- Colorful Cover Ups: Since we're talking beach and summer, I can't help but include my all-time favorite coverups from Trina Turk. These tunics look great paired with a bikini or shorts and are always my go-to when packing for the surf and sand. You can't go wrong with these bold bright prints.
- Sunglasses:Finally nothing says classic summer style like a great pair of aviators. Maybe I still have a thing for Tom Cruise circa Top Gun/1980's (pre-Katie Holmes naturally), but I think these glasses have a cool gender bending appeal. Like I borrowed something from my super-cool boyfriend. Try the Ray Ban original aviator.
- Vaseline Total Moisture Aloe Fresh: the light feeling lotion helps keep sun-parched skin healthy and fresh. When I smooth on improved Vaseline Total Moisture my skin feels great and all the dryness is gone. Perfect for after a day at the beach.
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Great Summer Skin
With all the bare minimum fashion that we wear in summer, we all want great skin. When I smooth on improved Vaseline Total Moisture my skin feels great and all the dryness is gone. Hydrating formulas infuse moisture at the top, core and deep down layers of surface/dry skin. Don't believe me? Vaseline did a bit of research and found that in a blind survey, 82% of consumers said they are "Likely" or "Extremely likely" to buy Vaseline Total Moisture on their next shopping trip.
When I step out of the shower, I rely on Vaseline Total Moisture to lock in the moisture my body needs. The Aloe formula offers a light feeling formula leaves skin feeling healthy, light and fresh for 8 hours.
MORE FASHION FUN FOR MOMS
- Tips for picking the right sunglasses for your face.
- Learn more about cabi careers here
- Styling distressed denim
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Mom Fashion Pinterest board here.