Summer is all about make the most of wearing the least. In the summer, I like to keep my fashion and beauty routine simple. A little mascara, a little lip gloss, moisturizer and I'm out the door. The same goes for fashion. That means it's easy to get dressed in the morning and a delight to lighten up. With these four favorite summer fashion staples on hand you are ready for any summer adventure.
Four Summer Style Essentials
- Havaianas: Let's start from the bottom--my footwear of choice in the summer is a flip flop. I have indoor and outdoor pairs and I favor the Havaianas for their style and sturdiness. The fresh teal color called "green leaf" is my favorite.
- Colorful Cover Ups: Since we're talking beach and summer, I can't help but include my all-time favorite coverups from Trina Turk. These tunics look great paired with a bikini or shorts and are always my go-to when packing for the surf and sand. You can't go wrong with these bold bright prints.
- Sunglasses:Finally nothing says classic summer style like a great pair of aviators. Maybe I still have a thing for Tom Cruise circa Top Gun/1980's (pre-Katie Holmes naturally), but I think these glasses have a cool gender bending appeal. Like I borrowed something from my super-cool boyfriend. Try the Ray Ban original aviator.
- Vaseline Total Moisture Aloe Fresh: the light feeling lotion helps keep sun-parched skin healthy and fresh. When I smooth on improved Vaseline Total Moisture my skin feels great and all the dryness is gone. Perfect for after a day at the beach.
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
Why Moms are Loving This Blueberry Couscous Salad
It's blueberry picking time. And while most blueberry recipes revolve around baked goods, we've got something different to share. First, a few sentences singing the praises of this lovely fruit. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, improve memory function and reduce the effects ...read more
Great Summer Skin
With all the bare minimum fashion that we wear in summer, we all want great skin. When I smooth on improved Vaseline Total Moisture my skin feels great and all the dryness is gone. Hydrating formulas infuse moisture at the top, core and deep down layers of surface/dry skin. Don't believe me? Vaseline did a bit of research and found that in a blind survey, 82% of consumers said they are "Likely" or "Extremely likely" to buy Vaseline Total Moisture on their next shopping trip.
When I step out of the shower, I rely on Vaseline Total Moisture to lock in the moisture my body needs. The Aloe formula offers a light feeling formula leaves skin feeling healthy, light and fresh for 8 hours.
MORE FASHION FUN FOR MOMS
- Tips for picking the right sunglasses for your face.
- Learn more about cabi careers here
- Styling distressed denim
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Mom Fashion Pinterest board here.