While we loved everyone's look from the inspiring Fashion Forward Conference(check out our full recap here and here), one look that kept the crowd buzzing with Brooke's (Power Moms Media) stellar polka dot jeans.
Designed by Clorox, the look is a simple and fun way to enhance your jeans or transform an old pair into a fabulous new look! Guests at the conference were instructions on how to rock this trendy fashion statement, and in case you missed it here are the DIY tips to create a fashionable new look this fall.
DIY: Polka Dot Jeans
1. Line the inside of the jeans with plastic (such as a cut open plastic shopping bag) to protect the gel from bleeding through from one side to the other.
2. Shake the Clorox® Bleach Pen® Gel with the cap on.
3. Begin applying the gel: using the fine point tip, gently squeeze out a 1/4 inch dot.
4. Continue applying gel dots in a polka dot pattern, working in one direction (such as waist to hem) with the dots you have already applied always away from you.
Inspiration and Games for a Candy Land Birthday Party
The girls had their hearts set in a colorful candy party inspired by the Candy Land board game. This party was such a blast to put together. A rainbow of colors, candy bar, and candy games! Candy Land Birthday Party Food and Drink Our party was in the afternoon, so for food we ...read more
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
Perfect for Fall Pumpkin Spice Dirt Bomb Recipe
Get your pumpkin spice fix with this tasty dirt bomb recipe. Unlike fried donuts, this recipe is a little lighter and, since no hot oil is involved, a lot less messy. These dirt bombs, or baked donuts, are irresistible cakey muffins that are spiked with nutmeg and ginger, and ...read more
5. Allow the dots to sit for 2 hours.
6. Keeping the jeans flat on the counter/work surface, gently remove the plastic liners from inside the pant legs.
7. Pour 3% hydrogen peroxide directly onto each of the dots, allowing it to soak into the fabric. This stops the bleaching action, and prevents any gel from lightening other parts of the blue jeans during rinsing.
8. When all the dots have hydrogen peroxide on them, slide them into the sink a little at a time, scraping and rinsing away the gel dots as you go with warm water.
9. Squeeze the pants dry using old towels.
10. Air dry the jeans completely before repeating the treatment on the other side of the jeans.
11. After rinsing the second round of gel polka dots, run the jeans through a gentle cycle using cool water and a little detergent.