When you head to Arizona in the summer you need a plan for how to dress for hot weather. This look started with a hat and went from there. If you care about protecting your face from the sun, you need a great hat. I'm rounding up some cute Panama hats to get you through summer.
History of the Panama Hat
The Panama hat started in Ecuador. It was first made of palm leaves (which were readily available). Nowadays they are fashioned from straw. They are known for being light and breathable, which make them perfect for summer travel.
Hat styling Tips
I'm wearing a classic Panama hat from J.Crew. In Arizona, the sun is no joke. All the girls on this trip to the Canyon Ranch had a strong hat game going on. The temps soared to well over 100 degrees. This one was woven by hand in Ecuador. The lightweight palm is idea to shade your face and protect your skin.
To style it, I simply swept my hair into a tidy low ponytail. Perfect for travel or a hot day when you need protection. Bonus: You don't really have to style your hair.
Cute Panama Hats
To help you pick the perfect hat, we're sharing our picks for classic hats that will look great and protect you from the summer heat. All the picks are under $75.
How to Get Your Child Involved in Ski Racing
Do you ever watch the Winter Olympics with your family? We sure do at this house. Seeing the ski racers fly down the mountains was a big part of what attracted our girls to ski racing, but the biggest draw was friendship and time spent in the snow. If you are wondering how to get ...read more
Compassion, Fear, and Facing the Reality of Gun Violence
This post was originally published in October of 2017, after a gunman opened fire at a concert in Las Vegas, killing 58 people. Five years later, it still applies. In this, the latest heartbreaking, soul-crushing human massacre, 14 were murdered at a elementary school in ...read more
DIY Flower Arrangement Mugs for Graduation
This is an usual graduation season. With COVID in our midst, we are isolating ourselves from the ones we love. I came up with a creative way to celebrate the graduates in my life with these DIY flower arrangement mugs using Fabulous Florals. Related: Easy DIY floral design tips ...read more
- FURTALK Sun Hat: This offers UV UPF 50+ and is foldable making it ideal for packing for the beach. This one comes in six colors ($26). Get it on Amazon here. (note this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Classic Panama hat from J.Crew: This one is stiffer (which is great for style points with a nice wide black band. ($79). Get it from J.Crew.
- Physician Endorsed: This offers UPF 30+ , the company was founded in by designing dynamo Elissa Margulies and husband, Michael Ross, Physician Endorsed provides a chic, modern option to UV protection.($57) Get it at Bloomingdale's here.
- Etsy Panama Straw Rancher: I love the wide brim straw rancher with tailored hat band and woven design. ($54). Get it on Etsy here.
- The Sun Straw Hat: Made of real straw, this hat features a woven trim on the crown in white, teal, and blue. Have a little fun when you pair this hat with a jeans and tunic combo or wear it on your next beach trip. ($59.50) Hat get it at Chico's.
- Packable Rancher: While the aqua hue caught my eye, I am really sold on the foldability of this splendid hat. ($60) Get it on Anthropologie here.
A Simple Summer Outfit
How do you accessorize an easy summer outfit? Simply and lightly. I picked a cuff from Stella & Dot and my classic gold Birkenstocks. My theory? When you are wearing a hat, it's best to keep it simple. I'm wearing a classic t-shirt (an essential for your summer wardrobe). This one from Splendid is from my spring capsule. I've styled it so many ways and with so many outfits.
The skirt was picked up a the cabi Scoop event last month. I was able to shop the sample sale and this skirt from the spring 2016 line is wonderful for travel.
And here's a look at my stylish friends--many of them jumping on the hat trend.
MORE SUMMER STYLE FROM MOMTRENDS
- Best straw bags for summer
- Tips for picking the right sunglasses for your face.
- Stylish beach accessories
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Summer Style board here.
This is not a sponsored post. Some affiliate links are used. When you shop the links, you support Momtrends and our editorial staff.