Has social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linked-In, Instragram, Google) put a whole new twist on the pressure to look good in photos - never has our 'Face'? been more on display from people we went to grammar school with to colleagues to extended family. How can we put our best 'Face' out there?
Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel, world-renowned facial plastic surgeon and professor at Boston University School of Medicine, offers these tips to 'put your best face forward' in photos.
(1) Women should slightly look up towards the camera as it will make your eyes larger, and raise your eyebrows creating the attractive look of large eyes.
(2) Men should slightly protrude your chin. This creates a strong face and eliminates a double chin.
(3) For men and women, slightly lean your neck towards the camera.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
(3) For Women - a minute before your photo, tap on your lips a few times (somewhat stronger than you'd think!). This will send blood to your lips making them redder and fuller - both considered very attractive. Similarly, you can pinch your cheeks a few times to get a little bit of a rosy glow.
(4) Stand at an angle to the camera. This creates a slimmer body profile, and adds some interest to the photograph. Also, try slightly lowering the shoulder towards the camera. This will relatively elongate your neck and slim it out.
(5) Blink just before the camera goes off. That is, if they are counting to three to shoot, blink deliberately on two. This will help guarantee that your eyes are not closed during the picture, and importantly, will get you with the most open and bright eyes - and remember, bright eyes are critical to looking good.
(6) Smile with your eyes! A fake smile is just your mouth. A true smile is when your whole face is laughing. Think about sending energy to your eyes or smiling with your eyes, and your beauty will shine into the photograph.
(7) Be relaxed. Think about relaxing your face and trying to convey that to the camera. And, consider botulinum toxin treatment (e.g. botox or dysport). They've been shown to not only relax wrinkles, but to actually improve your mood and help you to feel more relaxed and confident. That emotional change will show in your photos.
Momtrends was not paid for this post