Okemo Mountain is an ideal spot for a family vacation. It's got a great variety of terrain, an amazing ski school and lots of housing options for families. Since any great vacation also involves food, we asked our ski mama friends where to eat near Okemo Mountain in Vermont and put together this list of family-friendly resources.
Where to Eat at On Mountain at Okemo Mountain
Like many Vail resorts, Okemo puts a premium on food. They are always tweaking menus and updating the offerings. If you're planning to eat on mountain this year, you'll need to plan ahead. Due to COVID, this year is a little different. There's not popping into on-mountain spots to grab a table. You've got to book ahead. If you want to book lunch at Okemo resort, you need to do so, on the dot, at 7am each day. They have an online booking system (accessed through their website) that opens at 7am and is normally booked up by 7.05am.
Here are a few on-mountain favorites:
- Brunch: In a normal ski year, some of our favorite foodie finds at Okemo include Bloody Mary's at EPIC at the Solitude Base. Grab a seat by the fire and order a memorable meal. Located at the base of the Solitude lift, this is THE spot for a long lunch.
- Fireside Snacks: Eat S'mores by the fireplace. Coleman Brooke Tavern sets up families with do-‘em-yourself on your own tabletop campfire. Take the treats to the fireplace indoors or out.
Where to Eat Near Okemo Mountain in Ludlow, Vermont
If you've rented a condo in town, or simply want a break from cooking, Ludlow is packed with options to give Mom and Dad a break. And we've put in a few here that are worthy of hiring a sitter if you can find one.
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
- Mojo's: Warm, casual joint for Tex-Mex and ample craft brews. Do order Mojo’s for dinner at 2 pm when they allow online ordering to start. 106 Main St, Ludlow, VT 05149 (802) 228-6656 Get details here www.mojocafevt.com/menu.html
- Java Baba: Has amazing breakfast sandwiches, soups, BLT's and baked goods. Perfect for a hearty breakfast or a nourishing lunch after a day on the slopes. Right now everything is to-go. 57 Pond St, Ludlow, VT 05149 (802) 228-7810 Order through toast tab here
- Tom’s Loft: Great burgers and a relaxed vibe for after skiing. They are still serving indoors. 300 Mountain Rd, Ludlow, VT 05149 (802) 228-5638
- Harry’s Cafe: A Ski Moms favorite. Now offering takeout. Open Friday through Sunday. 3621 VT-103 S, Mt Holly, VT 05758 (802) 259-2555. Get details www.harryscafe.com
- The Homestyle Hostel: Open Thursday through Sunday. Some dining inside by reservation only. Place your takeout order starting at 10am for same-day pickup only. 119 Main St, Ludlow, VT 05149 (802) 975-0030 Check out the menu here homestylehotel.com/restaurant
- Main and Mountain: The perfect spot for drinks outside with a safe social distance and plenty of air circulation. All ages are welcome to enjoy the fire pit and the vibe. 112 Main St, Ludlow, VT 05149 (802) 242-1608 Get the details here www.mainandmountain.com/bar
- Cookster: for gourmet take out/meals to eat at home. 1 Lamere Square, Ludlow, VT 05149 (802) 228-4983 They post the menu on Facebook.
- Goodman’s American Pie: if you want pizza that week call American pie very early as they sell out or have very long waits. 5 Lamere Square, Ludlow, VT 05149 (802) 228-4271 Check out the menu here.
- Outer Limits Brew Pub: Simple delicious bar food and beers. 60 Village Green, Proctorsville, VT 05153 (802) 287-6100 Reservations available on Open Table. More here www.outerlimitsbrewing.com/home
Stop Along the Way to Okemo
If you've got time, these places are nearby and worth an extra few minutes in the car.
- Southern Pie Company: If you love pie, or even if you don’t think you like pie, try this place. The chocolate chess pie is our dreamy favorite. Offering curbside pickup. 94 Common St, Chester, VT 05143 (802) 875-7437 Find our more www.thesouthernpiecompany.com
- Meditrina: If you're driving through Chester and need to stock up on wine and beer, Meditrina has an amazing wine selection, great local beer, as well as a few cheeses, etc. It's just about a block past the turn for Okemo, but well worth the small detour if you are through while they are open. 295 Main St, Chester, VT 05143 (802) 875-9463
MORE SKI FEATURES FROM MOMTRENDS
- Family Ski Guide
- Why You Should Use Ski Butlers for Your Next Ski Rentals
- Family Ski Resort Mont Tremblant
- Reasons Big Sky Montana is Becoming More Popular as a Ski Destination
Use Pinterest to save your favorite family travel features. Be sure to follow our Ski Moms Pinterest Board.
MomTrends NYC was not paid for this post.