Ski moms know how important food is to the ski day--we hear the question "where are we eating tonight?" right after breakfast. We're always on the hunt for perfect spots to take the family or plan a date night. Travel makes dining out an adventure, and I've rounded up some favorite Aspen Colorado spots that I've tried and that come highly recommended from my ski mom friends.
Best Spots for Hot Chocolate in Aspen
When you've got kids in Aspen, it's fun to make the apres-ski traditions wholesome, like a trip to the skating rink and a chocolate shake from CP Burger. The outdoor Silver Circle rink is free and, steps from Aspen Mountain's base area. 433 E Durant Ave, Aspen, CO 81611. In addition to this rink, I suggest a walk to some of the best hot cocoa spots.
- Paradise Bakery: Tasty rich hot cocoa topped with whipped cream and pair it with a treat. Baked goods including the yummiest muffins around(lots of "lid" to this beauties). Families can also pick up soups and sandwiches. They offer gluten-free treats and open early in case the parents need a coffee run. 320 S Galena St, Aspen, CO 81611
- Hotel Jerome: Stop in at the cute pink cart outside the hotel to pick up your cocoa to stroll the streets of Aspen. 330 E Main St, Aspen, CO 81611
- Ajax Tavern: Located slopeside this restaurant is part of the Little Nell hotel. There's a terrific bar scene--it's got the best views for people watching. 685 E Durant Ave, Aspen, CO 81611
The Best Ski Socks for Women
Warm feet make the ski day so much more fun. Investing in good ski socks can improve your time on snow. We're sharing our picks for the best ski socks for women. Decide on the thickness and compression you need and then stock up. The 10 Best Ski Socks for Women Check out our ...read more
10 Things to Do on Your Okemo Ski Vacation
This popular East Coast ski resort has been helping families create snowy fun with families for decades. A few years ago Vail Resorts bought the property and has continues to invest in the family-friendly fun. They focus on getting kids and outdoors - because ski moms know the ...read more
Plan a Family King Pine Ski Vacation
Some of my favorite travel memories involve being outdoors in the snow with my girls. We have the best time on the lifts telling stories and plotting our perfect runs (and the perfect hot cocoa break). I work hard to carve out vacation time with the kids--time to connect and make ...read more
Best Fancy Meals in Aspen Colorado
- Casa D'Angelo: Save this spot for a fancy night out in Aspen. The prices match the elevation, high, but the service and quality are excellent. We started with a delish burrata plate then an assortment of fresh oysters. We then shared the whole branzino (it's deboned tableside), and don't skimp on dessert. It's an elegant setting best suited for very tired kiddos or foodie-centric teens. It also makes a great date night. The wine list is tremendous. 105 S Mill St, Aspen, CO 81611. Book on OpenTable.
- J Bar: has a hip bar, though I'm not sure I was cool enough, I did score a bar stool with friends and noshed on tacos and amazing fries along with some great wine. The J Bar is definitely a spot to people watch and catch up on sports.
- Ajax Tavern at The Little Nell: The wine list was fabulous and as we sipped we watch the torch procession as skier made their way down the hill in the dark down Upper Little Nell. Following the procession...fireworks! Because in Aspen they go big! Dinner was bustling as folks made the rounds at tables (it's a see and be seen kind of place). My mussels and frites were just what I wanted after a big day on the hill. Reservations are highly recommended at this popular spot.
Best People Watching Place to Eat in Aspen
Ajax Tavern: This is a terrific lunch spot and has a VERY lively dinner and apres scene. The truffle fries and burgers are some of the best around, but you'll pay for the precious views. My teen loved the tomato soup paired with a tasty grilled cheese. 685 E Durant Ave, Aspen, CO 81611. Book on Resy.com
MORE SKI FEATURES FROM MOMTRENDS
- Listen to the Ski Moms Fun Podcast
- Mom-recommended Ski Travel Gear
- Ways to recycle and resell old ski gear
Use Pinterest to save your favorite family travel features. Be sure to follow our Ski Moms Pinterest Board.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given samples.