Families are buying ski passes in record numbers. We're all eager to get the best deals possible to spend more days on snow. Earlier this year, I talked about the passes from the big guys (Epic Pass and Ikon pass, read this article) and now I want to share two more ski season passes you need to consider from the Indy Pass family.
Indy is the perfect pass for families that want to try something new. You'll get a sampling of dozens of mountains. Each one for two days (perfect for a weekend getaway). I love this pass and the way it brings small mountains (like Mohawk Mountain in CT and Magic Mountain in Vermont) and big mountains together. They've been working on an awesome coalition of mountains and they are always announcing a new partnership on social media.
Here's how it works: Once you’ve received a confirmation email that your Indy Pass is registered, you can go to any participating resort ticket window to get a free lift ticket. Just present your drivers license or other photo ID to the ticket agent each time you wish to redeem and they will issue you a day ticket.
Indy Pass Cross Country Skiing
This year Indy announced a major expansion into cross-country skiing that gives passholders two trail passes to some of the best XC resorts in North America.
The new Indy XC Pass is on sale now for $69 for adults and $29 for kids 12-and-under providing two trail passes at each resort. 10% of the sale price will be donated to the Cross Country Ski Areas Association (CCSAA) a great champion of a sport that is exploding in popularity.
Cross Country Partners
- Sovereign Lake Nordic Club, BC
- High Point Cross Country Ski Center, NJ
- JacksonXC, NH
- Mapelag Resort, MN
- White Grass Touring Center, WV
- Waterville Valley Resorts, NH
- Rikert, VT
- Woodstock Nordic Center, VT
New nordic partners:
BigRock Mountain, Maine
Marquette Mountain Resort, Michigan
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
Mount Kato Ski Area, Minnesota
Nub’s Nob Ski Resort, Michigan
Treetops Resort, Michigan
I'm excited about this new product from Indy. I'm a big supporter of the skinny skis, and Woodstock is one our our favorites. You can read our full review here.
Indy Pass Pricing
The prices are on offer through July 2022.
- Indy XC - Adults/$69 & Kids/$29 (cross country only)
- Indy Pass - Adults/$299 & Kids/$139 (includes XC!)
- Indy+ Pass (no blackouts) - Adults/$399 & Kids/$189
- Indy Switch Pass - Adults/$259 & Kids/$109(mega passholders only)
Indy Pass Highlights
- 100+ destinations two days each. That's more than 200 days on snow. Check out the list of resorts here.
- Purchase a third ticket at each resort for 25% off the daily rate.
- UNRESTRICTED access to all but four resorts (Mission Ridge, WA; Silver Mountain, ID; Lutsen Mountains, MN; Granite Peak, WI all have blackout dates).
- Many Indy resorts feature ski-in, ski-out lodging options. Head here to see a list of resorts offering a minimum 10% discount for Indy Pass holders.
MORE SKI FEATURES FROM MOMTRENDS
- Listen to the Ski Moms Fun Podcast
- Mom-recommended Ski Travel Gear
- Why You Should Use Ski Butlers for Your Next Ski Rentals
Use Pinterest to save your favorite family travel features. Be sure to follow our Ski Moms Pinterest Board.