Planning to hit the slopes this winter? We've got gifts for everyone in the family. It's all about maximizing time outdoors with our picks for the holiday gear to gift to your favorite skiers and riders. Remember to shop early to help get everything to you in time.
Gifts for Her
- Bogner Janka Ski Jacket: I love the looks and lines of this new neutral. The colors go with everything on this trim puffy--black, white or navy pants will work nicely. The innovative Thermore padding made entirely from recycled fibers guarantees keeps you cozy while being able to move. To keep the wind out, you'll get bonded seams and a waterproof, windproof finish. ($690) Get it from Bogner here.
- Unicorn Mittens: Cold fingers are a bummer. Flylow has captured the mythological sensation of warm fingers with the Unicorn Mitten. These mitts are made from durable and super weather-resistant pigskin leather, and a nylon Cordura backing, all treated with DWR to keep water rolling off. These are what unicorns could wear if they could ski. I love the neutral and the slight pop of pink. ($64.95) Get it on Backcountry here.
- Hometown Down Scarf: This is my favorite scarf for my everyday outdoor adventures and travel. This lightweight down scarf has a logo-snap closure it'll stay put and it comes in five cool colors. The zip stash pocket is a clever place to stow some cash.($99). Shop Stio here.
- Lenz heated socks: I've had mine for four years and they are a total game changer. Happy feet equals more time outdoors. Lenz Heated Socks come in unisex sizing and last for hours with a rechargeable battery. ($399) Get them on Amazon here. This is an affiliate link
- Skida Paula Project Alpine hat: #ThePaulaProject print is designed in collaboration with World Cup Alpine ski racer Paula Moltzan. This adorable daisy print hat is fully lined with cozy mid-weight fleece - it wicks moisture, cuts the wind, and is 100% adorable. Great for chilly runs, or after hitting the slopes. 40% of proceeds from #ThePaulaProject Collection go to Paula to fund her goals. Get it on Skida here.
- Smart Wool Ski Full Zip Sweater: This women’s ski sweater is constructed with a full zipper and thumbholes in the cuffs to let you regulate your body heat when you need to. With stripes on the sleeves and shoulders and vertical silhouetting stripes, the lines are sleek. Wear it on the mountain and off to dinner. ($170) Get it on Smart Wool's site here.
- Hikers Brew Coffee: If you're interested in spicing up your morning, this coffee sampler is right for you! In the box, you will receive six, 36g Venture Pouches of coffee; one pouch of each available flavor. Hikers Brew was created in Eau Claire, WI and is driven by sustainability for the outdoors. ($19.99) Get it www.hikersbrewcoffee.com
- Cold Weather Workout Tights: Long runs and snowy hikes deserve a great pant. This tough tight can withstand brush and is formulated to enhance wicking and treated to reduce odor. Wide waistband comfort, higher rise coverage and a full-length crop combine for a functional-yet-flattering fit. Left zippered hip and right thigh stow pockets stash keys, cards or phones safely and securely. Makes a great layering piece! ($129) Shop Stio here
- Arc’teryx Incendia One Piece Shell. There's nothing warmer than a one-piece. This beauty is designed by and for women who ski and snowboard, and utilizes a waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX fabric with a heathered look and soft feel. A StormHood™ provides complete coverage, fits over a helmet and allows for excellent peripheral vision. Fit and articulation elevate freedom of movement, and a smart ventilation system at the thighs doubles as a women’s specific quick-release system. ($999) Get it at Arc’teryx here.
Ridge Rise Stripe Organic Tee. If you've got a smaller budget to work with, we love this everyday-weight T-shirt. The colors and graphics just pop. Plus you'll feel good knowing this is made with organic cotton, it uses 84% less water and creates 16% less CO2 than a conventional cotton T-shirt. Fair Trade Certified sewn. ($35). Get it on Patagonia here.
Altitude Problem Hoodie. The classic, cozy Women's Altitude Problem Hoodie is made with a 100%-recycled main fabric and is just as comfortable at sea-level as it is in the thin air. Perfect for teens and college aged skiers ($69) Get it on North Face here.
Ski Gift Guide for Women
Gear for Guys
- Men's Freedom Bib. A classic that's made to last. This is built with reinforced nylon kickpatches, the Freedom Bib has the durability to match its waterproof, breathable performance and all-conditions style. Comes in five colors. I love the olive. Tons of adjustments are possible to get the perfect fit. ($199) Get it on The North Face here.
- Zojirushi Stainless Steel Mug. Keep the coffee warm all day long with this 20 ounce mug. Vacuum insulation provides superior heat retention--your beverage stays hot or cold for hours. Air vent on the mouthpiece allows beverages to flow out smoothly, without gushing or overflowing. ($30) Get it on Amazon here. This is an affiliate link
- Merino Zip Hoodie. This is a definite baselayer upgrade. It features temperature regulation, moisture management, and odor control. Add to it the hood to keep your noggin warm, and you’ve got a top that's ready for the outdoors, whether you're skiing, boarding or heading to the campfire. ($150). Get it at Smart Wool here.
- Ice Cleats. These cleats will help prevent injuries on ice. When temperatures fall, you won't. Stride across icy, snowy surfaces with confidence when you have the lightweight, easily packable Corkers Ice Walker traction devices on your shoes. Replaceable steel spikes for ice-biting are included. The traction cleats are designed to work best on low-to-mid volume running shoes. ($45) Get them on Amazon here. This is an affiliate link.
- DeSoli Tights. The perfect thing to put next to your skin, these soft and light base layer tights are from Swedish brand Houdini. They are made of 100% super fine merino wool and suitable for just about any outdoor adventure all year around. The Desoli Tights are made from renewable fibers and are recyclable as well as biodegradable. ($89.95) Get them from Backcountry.com here.
- Wizards Balaclava. This cool design offers full neck and head coverage for long days in the outdoors. Inspired by deep turns and frigid powder days, this accessory is made to perform and then dry quickly. The hood fits seamlessly under a hat, helmet, or around the neck when not in use. ($38). Get it on the Skida site here.
- Dakine Ski Roller Bag. Update your ski luggage with this cool ski bag. The Boundary easily fits two pairs of skis and a set of poles, with removable tarp-lined boot bag that's great for stowing wet boots. Use the vented outerwear bag to stash your apparel and minimize that "ski-trip musk." External dual compression straps and 360-degree padded ski protection let you secure your cargo and get it there safely. And the best part, our compatible handle system pairs with a rolling luggage bag, for easy one-handed rolling through an airport or train station. ($264) Shop Dakine here.
10 Chandeliers for Your Girl's Room
What could be more glamorous and magical than a chandelier lighting up a bedroom? We've found 10 Chandeliers for girls that we love. A light fixture can make a HUGE difference in the look of your little princess's room--from nursery to tweens, it's an essential design element. ...read more
Healthy Summer Snacks for Kids
While I am so excited to have a more relaxed schedule during the summer, it also means staying active with the kids and making our lunches on-the-go both healthy and fun for the girls. Lisa Drayer, M.A., R.D. also knows how hard it can be to get kids interested in healthy ...read more
The Best Simple Strawberry Recipes
Being that it's National Strawberry Month and strawberry season is in full effect, we thought it would be a great time to share some of our favorite strawberry recipes. I, for one, am willing to try strawberry ANYTHING and with so many delicious recipes to choose from I am going ...read more
Ski Gift Guide for Men
Gifts For the Home
- Vintage print: Dress up your ski lodge with a new print. This whimsical illustration of skiers on the slopes is a great play of negative and positive space using graphic images in solid colors. This fun artwork is a perfect way to update your home in time for ski season. ($129) Order online from Pottery Barn here.
- Custom Trail Sign: Designed to last a lifetime in your home, ski lodge, or vacation rental, the Gnarwalls Trail Sign is a personalized version of the trail signs you see at the resort. Choose your trail difficulty, color, and text. Dimensions: 36" X 6". Gnarwhals ($186) Order online here.
- Holiday Skier Dessert Plates: You deserve extra helpings of these sweet snow scene skier plates. They also make a great hostess gift. ($50 set of 4) from West Elm
- Ski Lift Campfire Mugs: Escape to the mountains with this fun ski-themed campfire mug. The mountain / ski lift design wraps around mug and makes a perfect gift for the skier in your life. Ski Lift Campfire Mugs on Etsy ($25)
- Throw Pillow: There is no better way to personalize your happy place than with this ski lodge throw pillow. Super soft poly micro-suede material is off-white and printed with a design that features your name, the words ski lodge, the location of your ski lodge and an est year in charcoal. Personalized Ski Throw Pillow on Wayfair $48.99
- Goggle Sticker. Perfect for ski gear or school gear. Get them on RedBubble here. ($3)
- Apres Ski Jammies. 100% super-soft cotton. What better way to create Winter memories than sitting around a cozy fire and enjoying an afternoon of Apres Ski with your loved ones! Sizes 2y-12Y Get them on Maisonette here. ($58)
- Ski Charm Necklace. This necklace is handmade and personalized. Add an initial of your choice and a genuine Swarovski birthstone crystal if you wish (you don't have to select your birthstone month, you can choose your crystal based on color if there is one you prefer to your birth month.) Get it on Etsy here ($14)
- LEGO Snow Groomer Kit: Build a powerful snow groomer with opening cab, swiveling 6-stud rapid shooter snow cannon, segmented tracks and a large plow blade! Includes 2 LEGO City minifigures: a driver and a skier figure Get it on Amazon here ($32.95) Note: This is an Amazon affiliate link.
- PLAYMOBIL Ski Lesson Building Set. Learn how to ski like a pro with a ski lesson! practice moving on the skis by navigating around the Penguin balloon and under the arch before hitting the slopes Set includes three figures, skis, ski poles, mittens, removable goggles, and other accessories. Recommended for ages four to ten. Get it on Amazon. ($13.77) Note: This is an Amazon affiliate link.
- Personalized Ski Ornament. Each philoSophie's ornament is designed especially for you. Personalize with number of skis, colors, and family name/date. Get it on Etsy here ($25)
- Ski Bunny Hat. The perfect beanie for your little skier! Pom-pom and metallic details add dimension and design to this adorable hat. Get it on Maisonette here ($28)
- Phone harness. The KOALA 2.0 Phone harness tether stretches up to 3 feet. It's perfect for selfies (if you're into that sort of thing) or kids who tend to loose things. Get the Koals Super Grip www.hangtimegear.com ($29)
- Ski A-Z Illustrated Book. Written and illustrated in the classic style of A-Z books, this fun and informative introduction to skiing makes for an ideal gift for anyone - at any age - who is interested in skiing. Get it on Amazon here ($14.95)
- Yeti Socks. The Kids’ Wintersport Full Cushion Yeti Pattern OTC sock has it all. All-over cushion on the shin, calf, and foot as well as a flat knit toe seam for comfort. ZQ-certified Merino wool for softness. And a whimsical skiing yeti design for chuckle-worthy style. To make a good winter day great, have these socks as part of your kids’ gear. Get them on SmartWool.com here ($17)Personalized Growth Charts. I'm crazy about the Headwaters Studio growth charts and family art. These wood products are handcrafted in New Hampshire and are gorgeous. 56" long by 10", *these snowboard growth charts mount flush to the wall; they do not curve at the tip like real snowboards. Installation is a snap with adhesive wall strips (included). PERSONALIZATION: Add a name, initials or a monogram - up to 9 characters. 15% all year long. SKIPARENT15 Shop at www.headwaters-studio.com
MORE SKI FEATURES FROM MOMTRENDS
- Ski gear you didn't know you needed
- Easiest ski and snowboard lease for families
- Reasons Big Sky Montana is Becoming More Popular as a Ski Destination
Use Pinterest to save your favorite family travel features. Be sure to follow our Ski Moms Pinterest Board.
The Holiday Gifts Guides are a mix of sponsored picks and Editor's picks, this post is loaded with affiliate links. When you purchase with our links, you support Momtrends.