Planning to hit the slopes this winter? We've got gifts for everyone in the family. It's all about maximizing time outdoors with our picks for the holiday gear to gift to your favorite skiers and riders.
- Rossignol Freeride Jacket. This is the year when gear really matters. A warm, versatile jacket is going to be your best friend on the mountain, and this one also looks fabulous. From alpine bowls to open glades, the women's Function Ride Free Ski Jacket ensures you indulge in adventure and ride free across the whole mountain. Low-bulk insulation adds extra warmth. The double-hood design is my absolute favorite touch and pink is right on trend. ($450). Get the Freeride from Rossignol here.
Legacy Spy Goggles. SPY+ premium lenses eliminate distortion at all angles, increasing clarity and providing an optimal viewing experience while reducing eye strain and fatigue. With slick style and interchangeable lenses, skiing and snowboarding will be one heck of an experience. This is the snow goggle your eyes and helmet have been waiting for. Shop SPY legacy here. Save 15% on Spy Goggles for the family with code momtrends15.
Lenz heated socks. I've had mine for four years and they are a total game changer. Happy feet equals more time outdoors. Lenz Heated Socks come in unisex sizing and last for hours with a rechargeable battery. ($399) Get them on Amazon here.
Dakine Team Heli Pack. This is the year to carry your gear with you. This chic little pack offers serious support for mamas who want to go to the backcountry or carry along snacks for breaks with the littles. It's well thought out with spaces for safety gear and spots to strap on skis. ($129) Get the Dakine Pack on Backcountry here.
Bag Balm. Skiing, riding, hiking, snowshoeing, they are all awesome ways to spend the winter, but I will warn you, they are also INCREDIBLY rough on your hands. I stash the mega size of bag balm in all my bathrooms and slather it on after handwashing. It's the only thing that can stand up to a Vermont winter. Note: I also use it on the dog's paws! ($25.95 for three tins). Get Bag Balm via Amazon here.
Grey Beanie. The Campbell Beanie is nothing short of fun. Its unique bobbles add a pop of texture to any look. It's soft, cozy merino wool will keep you warm as you brave the bitter cold. Pick from a dozen fun colors. Made of 100% Merino Wool, hanknit in Peru. Comes with a detachable faux fur pom pom in Natural. ($125) Get your beanie here from shitthatiknit.com.
Down Infinity Scarf from Skhoop. This is my favorite scarf for my everyday outdoor adventures. It's lightweight down scarf and not bulky and it stays put even in the wind. Pick from 5 colors ($89). Shop Skhoop here.
Stio Base Layer Turtleneck. This midweight midlayer is constructed with drirelease®, a flattering stretch material that feels soft on skin yet dries 4x faster than cotton. Offered in four colors. ($79) Shop Stio here.
Chill Tote Bags. Burton produced these totes from materials left over from their manufacturing process to benefit Chill. Chill is a nonprofit helping kids build self-esteem and learn new life skills through board sports.These bags are great for going to the mountain, the beach and the grocery store. ($20). Shop www.chill.org/shop here
Gifts For the Family
Old skis canvas print: This Winter Sports Print Vintage Skis print canvas is perfect for a family room. Printed on high quality canvas 350gsm at high resolution with highly professional equipment. Every canvas is meticulously crafted in-house and hand-stretched. Comes already stretched on pinewood frame 1 inch thick, no additional framing required. ($48)
Personalized Safety Masks. We'll all be wearing maks this ski season and here's a way to make it more fun--custom ski /snowboard masks and bags. Masks are $6.50 each with shipping and bags are $12 each with shipping.
Support this mom-owned business and order via email jandrdifrummolo (at) gmail (dot) com
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Gear for Guys
- Flylow Insulated Flannel Shirt. I was watching a ski documentary during the early days of the pandemic (of course I was) and spotted this awesome insulated shirt. It's like a cool regular flannel shirt with a secret weapon you can barely notice from the outside: It’s stuffed with 40 grams of Spaceloft™ synthetic down insulation for added warmth. Tough poplin fabric on the forearms helps with abrasion resistance and a smooth taffeta lining on the inside and quick metal snap buttons make the Sinclair easy to take on and off. ($130) Get the Flylow shirt here.
- Bryant's Moisturizer. You have the skin of a skier...yeah, that's never a compliment. Step up your guy's skincare game with Bryant's balm. It comes in a non-fussy tin. Made in Vermont, Bryant’s Facial Moisturizer contains 5 core ingredients: Almond Oil, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Vitamin E Oil. It works great to locks in hydration to keep your skin soft. I tried the Mountain Mint formulat, it is infused with mint essential oil for added cooling. The small tins are perfect to stash in your pack. Every tin is carefully hand-poured in our shop here in the USA. $15 for 30 ml, pick from three scents. Shop Bryant's Skincare here.
- Darn Tough Ski Socks. The Alpenglow ski and snowboard sock is the latest evolution. Lightweight and versatile, it’s naturally easy breathing and odor-repellent thanks to the miracles of Merino wool. ($25). Get your ski socks on Darn Tough here.
- LLBean Double Ski Bag. Update your ski luggage with this cool ski bag. It can accommodate four pairs of Nordic skis, two pairs of alpine skis or two snowboards. Large wheels glide easily through airport terminals or over rough surfaces, getting your skis to the mountain safely. ($199). Get the double ski bag on LLBean here.
- Pinion Vest. Ultralight and packable, the Pinion Down Vest combines an abrasion-resistant Pertex® Quantum shell with responsibly sourced 800-fill HyperDRY™ water-repellent down. ($189). Get the Pinion Vest on Stio here
- Backcountry Ski Strap. When I took my first backcountry lesson, the guide stressed how important a few of the right pieces of gear can be. These straps keep gear together and can fix a lot of other problems too. I suggest buying them in pairs. ($5). Get your Black Diamond Ski Strap at Backcountry.
MiiR Llama 20oz Water Bottle. This perfect for a day on the mountain. All sales support grant to Water1st, a nonprofit that provides water access to communities in Honduras. Temp Deflector™ Technology reflects hot and cold temps back into the bottle, stays cold for 24+ hours and hot for up to 12 hours ($29.95). Get on Cotopaxi here.
- Personalized Growth Charts. I'm crazy about the Headwaters Studio growth charts and family art. These wood products are handcrafted in New Hampshire and are gorgeous. 56" long by 10", *these snowboard growth charts mount flush to the wall; they do not curve at the tip like real snowboards. Installation is a snap with adhesive wall strips (included). PERSONALIZATION: Add a name, initials or a monogram - up to 9 characters. 15% all year long. SKIPARENT15 Shop at www.headwaters-studio.com
- Black Strap Donut Balaclava. This brand makes some of our favorite masks and balaclavas. Made in the USA the brand has some of the coolest prints around for adults and kids. Shop Black Strap here. ($26.99). Use CODE: SKIMOM20 in the checkout cart to save 20%
- 4Front Devastator Jr Freestyle Ski. All new for this season is the Devastator JR, the highest performing freeride ski for smaller shredders! We took the same freestyle all-mountain DNA from the Devastator and shrunk it down for skiers who are looking for the highest quality ski, not just a watered down kids ski. With tips that naturally rise to the surface, you can slash turns, navigate tight trees, and ride away from cliff drops like a pro. Get 10% off orders from now until November 30th. Use code: 10off-skimoms at checkout. ($349). Shop the Devastator here.
- Make sure you label all that expensive gear! Since 2003, Mabel's has made the best personalized, waterproof name labels and tags. We don't let anything leave the house without a label on it. Use code SKIMOMS for 10% off sitewide (excluding masks, stamps and sale items) at www.mabelslabels.com
For the Home
West Elm Ski Day Dinnerware. Pick from a set or just the the mugs or dessert plates.
MORE GIFT HELP FROM MOMTRENDS
- Classy hostess gifts
- Gifts for Grandparents
- Great gifts for teens and tweens
MORE SKI FEATURES FROM MOMTRENDS
- Ski gear you didn't know you needed
- Easiest ski and snowboard lease for families
- Reasons Big Sky Montana is Becoming More Popular as a Ski Destination
Use Pinterest to save your favorite family travel features. Be sure to follow our Ski Moms Pinterest Board.
The Holiday Gifts Guides are a mix of sponsored picks and Editor's picks, this post is loaded with affiliate links. When you purchase with our links, you support Momtrends.