One essential that is on the top of our ski trip packing list is warm socks for the kids. Cold feet can turn little rippers grumpy, and lumpy socks can lead to blisters. It makes sense to invest in a pair or two just for snowsports that can prolong the fun and keep complaining to a minimum. We've once again enlisted our ski mom friends for a list of favorite ski socks for kids.
Related: Best skiing base layers for kids
Favorite Ski Socks for Kids
For some reason, socks are always the first thing to go missing, I'm always replacing them. That's why I tried to give you a wide range of pricing. I know it's an expensive sport, but I feel that sport-specific socks really do make a big difference.
The Best Ski Socks for Women
Warm feet make the ski day so much more fun. Investing in good ski socks can improve your time on snow. We're sharing our picks for the best ski socks for women. Decide on the thickness and compression you need and then stock up. The 10 Best Ski Socks for Women Check out our ...read more
10 Things to Do on Your Okemo Ski Vacation
This popular East Coast ski resort has been helping families create snowy fun with families for decades. A few years ago Vail Resorts bought the property and has continues to invest in the family-friendly fun. They focus on getting kids and outdoors - because ski moms know the ...read more
Plan a Family King Pine Ski Vacation
Some of my favorite travel memories involve being outdoors in the snow with my girls. We have the best time on the lifts telling stories and plotting our perfect runs (and the perfect hot cocoa break). I work hard to carve out vacation time with the kids--time to connect and make ...read more
- Eurosocks: These socks can be pricey, but that makes sense, they are thick and warm and provide support. They are made specifically made for children's feet, extremely soft and comfortable with a dynamic thickness to provide cushioning support. These fit the tiniest toddlers and are my pick for ski socks for kids. Note: they are QUITE thick. Get them on Amazon here ($16). (note this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Bombas: This pro-level full cushion performance ski and snowboard sock is the high-grade merino wool winter sports sock you need to conquer the mountain. This pair is constructed with a new and improved fit using Merino Wool performance yarns engineered to minimize sock shifting in your boot. It's a thicker pair, so if your kids run cold, this is a good pick. Materials: 55% Merino Wool, 26% Polyester, 16% Nylon, 3% Elastane Bombas (Set of 3 $67.50)
- REI Coop: This is a good workhorse pair of socks that's priced really well. REI is thoughtful about production and how they source materials. They use a "Responsible Wool Standard"–certified wool comes from farms with a progressive approach to managing land, and from sheep treated according to leading animal welfare standards. Materials: 61% RWS-certified merino wool/36% nylon/3% Lycra spandex Shop the REI Coop ($14.50).
- Yovohari on Amazon: This cotton pair is priced well and ideal for warmer climates. I like the idea of buying in bulk because socks always go missing. Shop on Amazon. ($18 for Two Pairs.) (note this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Le Bent: Yep, they are pricey, but parents swear by the comfort and quality. The Definitive Fit System™ delivers a close form fit, with light cushioning over the shin and under the foot for additional padding in these high impact zones. Crafted from "Signature Merino Blend," this sock breathes and will help regulate foot temperature. They also promise to help reduce odor. Shop at Le Bent. ($24)
- Darn Tough: Vermonters know a lot about staying warm in the winter. This kids' over the calf socks average 13 in. from heel to cuff - expect them to cover the leg to just below the knee. Moms love that these are unconditionally guaranteed for life. These socks are thinner than the Euro Socks and come in fun colors and prints. Materials: 50% Nylon, 47% Merino Wool, 3% Lycra® Spandex Get the kids Pow Cow socks here. ($20).
- Lands' End: Kids Thermaskin Heat Knee High Boot Socks are a value play. Toes stay nice and toasty with the Thermaskin™ technology in these boot socks. The material is made to generate heat by absorbing and wicking away moisture. They also come with complete arch support and an extra bit of stretch so they stay heavy-duty all winter long. You can't beat the pricing on Lands' End. If you ever see these on for full price just wait, they will ALWAYS go on sale. Materials: Rayon/acrylic/polyester/spandex blend. Shop Lands' End here. ($8 and up per pair).
MORE SKIING RESOURCES FROM MOMTRENDS
- Ski Mom recommended ski travel gear
- 12 Ways to Recycle and Resell Old Ski Gear
- 5 ways to save money on your next ski trip
Use Pinterest to save your favorite family travel features. Be sure to follow our Ski Moms Pinterest Board.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. This post contains affiliate links.