We are excited to share news that Tide Pods and the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) have joined forces to form the Washable Fashion Initiative, a campaign designed to expand the fashion industry’s view of the potential of machine washable fabrics.
In fact, when the CFDA polled* 82 CFDA member designers, 85% said that they would design more with machine washable fabrics if they knew their customer had access to a product that would easily preserve the quality and integrity of the garments over repeated washings. This marks the first time the CFDA has collaborated with a Fabric Care brand. (*See below for additional sample results)
As part of the partnership, Tide will educate CFDA members on the benefits of designing with machine washable fabrics and enlist member designers to help build awareness of the program and how Tide Pods are the answer to caring for designer washable garments at home with their unsurpassed cleaning, brightening and consistent results in every wash.
After surveying 82 CFDA member designers, we learned:
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
- 46.9% do not design with machine-washable fabrics because they believe that garments designed with such fabrics do not retain the integrity of the original design over time
- 73.6% said that the way consumers cared for garments at home was a concern for them when designing their collections
- 84.9% said that they would design more with machine washable fabrics if they knew that their customer had access to a product that would easily preserve the quality and integrity of the garments over repeated washings
- 71.2% said that if such a product existed, they would recommend it to their customers by specifying the use of the product on the clothing care label inside the garment
- “The idea of machine washable designer fashion is modern and the future of women’s clothing.”
- “We would use more washable fabrics if we knew that the fabrics could be easily cared for without diluting the integrity of the design.”
- “In terms of current laundry products on the market, we currently recommend some ‘boutique’ brands but there is definitely room for something more accessible.”
- “It would be helpful if consumers [could purchase designs made from] machine washable fabrics and not be concerned that the fabric would be compromised in the wash.”
Momtrends was not paid for this post.