We are excited to share news that Tide Pods and the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) have joined forces to form the Washable Fashion Initiative, a campaign designed to expand the fashion industry’s view of the potential of machine washable fabrics.
In fact, when the CFDA polled* 82 CFDA member designers, 85% said that they would design more with machine washable fabrics if they knew their customer had access to a product that would easily preserve the quality and integrity of the garments over repeated washings. This marks the first time the CFDA has collaborated with a Fabric Care brand. (*See below for additional sample results)
As part of the partnership, Tide will educate CFDA members on the benefits of designing with machine washable fabrics and enlist member designers to help build awareness of the program and how Tide Pods are the answer to caring for designer washable garments at home with their unsurpassed cleaning, brightening and consistent results in every wash.
After surveying 82 CFDA member designers, we learned:
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? The hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to the Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko and had five days of mountain adventures. I ...read more
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cocktail
If there is a time of year that I consider "my season," it is surely fall! I love everything about autumn from the crisp air to the brilliant colors of the foliage. The mountain landscape by far is my favorite. Whether I'm in the Rockies or the Appalachians, the mountains are ...read more
Make a Fall Leaf Menu for the Holidays
I'd rather throw a party than crawl under the covers. Are you with me fellow hostesses? Let's talk about harvest season. It's a favorite time to entertain. To celebrate the season, try this fall leaf menu craft. It's perfect for Thanksgiving or just for fun. We have this amazing ...read more
- 46.9% do not design with machine-washable fabrics because they believe that garments designed with such fabrics do not retain the integrity of the original design over time
- 73.6% said that the way consumers cared for garments at home was a concern for them when designing their collections
- 84.9% said that they would design more with machine washable fabrics if they knew that their customer had access to a product that would easily preserve the quality and integrity of the garments over repeated washings
- 71.2% said that if such a product existed, they would recommend it to their customers by specifying the use of the product on the clothing care label inside the garment
- “The idea of machine washable designer fashion is modern and the future of women’s clothing.”
- “We would use more washable fabrics if we knew that the fabrics could be easily cared for without diluting the integrity of the design.”
- “In terms of current laundry products on the market, we currently recommend some ‘boutique’ brands but there is definitely room for something more accessible.”
- “It would be helpful if consumers [could purchase designs made from] machine washable fabrics and not be concerned that the fabric would be compromised in the wash.”
Momtrends was not paid for this post.