Did you know that the peak of the Back to School season already started? It is during this time that people are looking for as many deals as possible ahead of the start of school. We learned about these interesting finds from the data collected from Experian Marketing Services where they uncovered online activity and shopping trends.
Top Online Retail Sites For Back-To-School Shoppers:
1. Walmart (1)
2. JC Penney (2)
3. Macy’s (3)
4. Office Max (6)
5. Sears (5)
6. Staples (4)
7. Office Depot (7)
Family Friendly Hotel in Breckenridge
Breckenridge Colorado is a haven for families that love to ski and snowboard. The town is home to one of the largest resorts in Colorado, plus it boasts a robust arts scene and wonderful food options. That's why families keep coming back to this destination ski town. One thing ...read more
Tips for Skiing Breckenridge with Your Family
Before you book your family ski trip this season be sure to read the dozens of resort reviews we've done at Momtrends. My family is lucky to have skied at more than 50 North American destinations. We got the chance to test out the slopes at Breckenridge last year and have worked ...read more
Vail Resorts Opening Dates for 2021-22 Ski Season
Vail Resorts today announced the opening dates of its 34 North American resorts. If things go according to plan, Keystone in Colorado will be the first to host skiers and riders this winter. Vail's opening dates for the 2021-22 ski and riding season are subject to change due to ...read more
More from the survey:
- The data shows which retail websites have been receiving the most traffic from Back to School related search terms.
- Brick and mortar stores are getting the majority of search traffic to date.
- Consumers can expect the number of Back to School email offers to start increasing as we approach August.
- The bulk of email & search activity around Back-to-School will peak in August, but last year marketers were sending Back to School emails out earlier to help drive demand and earlier purchases.
- Offers in subject lines were present on 37% of Back to School emails & generated 57% of total email revenue in 2012.
- While some forecast show a decline in spending this year, retailers are dealing with record heat waves across country and the continued practice of showrooming.
- There is expected to be a continued interest in teen apparel to happen after school year begins as kids want to check out what other kids are wearing to be on trend as we’ve seen consumers still engage with apparel emails in September.
- Consumers can expect the number of Back to School email offers to start increasing as we approach August. Offers in subject lines were present on 37% of Back to School emails and generated 57% of total email revenue in 2012.
- Price sensitivity continues as hoppers are hunting for deals with significant growth in Backto-School searches that included ‘cheap’ last year. Email offers with coupons had the highest unique click rate and $ off had the highest unique open rate.
Momtrends was not paid for this post