Did you know that the peak of the Back to School season already started? It is during this time that people are looking for as many deals as possible ahead of the start of school. We learned about these interesting finds from the data collected from Experian Marketing Services where they uncovered online activity and shopping trends.
Top Online Retail Sites For Back-To-School Shoppers:
1. Walmart (1)
2. JC Penney (2)
3. Macys (3)
4. Office Max (6)
5. Sears (5)
6. Staples (4)
7. Office Depot (7)
More from the survey:
- The data shows which retail websites have been receiving the most traffic from Back to School related search terms.
- Brick and mortar stores are getting the majority of search traffic to date.
- Consumers can expect the number of Back to School email offers to start increasing as we approach August.
- The bulk of email & search activity around Back-to-School will peak in August, but last year marketers were sending Back to School emails out earlier to help drive demand and earlier purchases.
- Offers in subject lines were present on 37% of Back to School emails & generated 57% of total email revenue in 2012.
- While some forecast show a decline in spending this year, retailers are dealing with record heat waves across country and the continued practice of showrooming.
- There is expected to be a continued interest in teen apparel to happen after school year begins as kids want to check out what other kids are wearing to be on trend as weve seen consumers still engage with apparel emails in September.
- Consumers can expect the number of Back to School email offers to start increasing as we approach August. Offers in subject lines were present on 37% of Back to School emails and generated 57% of total email revenue in 2012.
- Price sensitivity continues as hoppers are hunting for deals with significant growth in Backto-School searches that included cheap last year. Email offers with coupons had the highest unique click rate and $ off had the highest unique open rate.
Momtrends was not paid for this post