It is all about staying organized during the school year, and to help us out we learned some tips from the DIY experts at The Family Handyman. Check out their six easy and efficient projects to help keep your laundry room organized and looking spectacular.
1. Closet Rod and Shelf: Instead of having wrinkled shirts at the bottom of a laundry basket, buy a standard closet rod to hang up shirts and jackets. This will save you hours of ironing and will help organize the clothes. Buying a shelf to put on top of the rod will also maximize storage space and help keep your laundry room organized and clean.
2. Soap Dispenser: Are you constantly looking for that bar of soap that’s in your laundry room or running to the kitchen to wash your hands? Purchase a soap dispenser and mount it to the sink in your laundry room so you can quickly wash your hands or apply spot remover to your stained blouse. This will save plenty of time in the long run.
3. Towel Bar: Get those messy rags out of the sink and onto the towel bar so they can dry. Simply mount the towel bar on the side of the sink to allow the towels to dry quickly so you can continue to reuse them.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
4. Under-Sink Shelf: Tired of constantly moving stuff under the sink every time you have to mop the floor? Try purchasing a Melamine closet shelf to make space under the laundry tub. This will make the room look more organized and save you the stress of constantly moving items around.
5. Fold-Away Table: Do you need more space for separating clothes before washing and folding them after drying? Buy a countertop blank that you can easily mount to one of the walls in your laundry room and voila, you’ll have the perfect space to do all of your separating and folding.
6. All-Purpose Wall Cabinet: Start organizing those cleaning products that are scattered all over the laundry room. Put a wall cabinet above the washer and dryer to organize your paper towels, cleaning products, dryer sheets and everything else you use to keep your clothes and your laundry room spic and span.
Additional DIY tips can be found at www.familyhandyman.com
Momtrends was not paid for this post.