Are you ready for back-to-school and all of the lunch prep that comes with it? To help us out we are sharing some tips from Katherine Eskovitz, co-founder of the Little BLUEPRINT series that was created to empower and boost children’s emotional and intellectual skills by devising and executing their own plans for life's situations whether it be related to sleep, loss of a grandparent, safety in the home, or divorce these books are the first "guides for kids" for real-life issues. new books which are great for parents and kids for back to school! This includes fun books for back-to-school like To Be a Healthy Eater, I Have a Plan where children learn how to become healthy eaters by making them a key part of the process and a newly released a Preschool book which helps children prepare for school! Check out some of her tips to making lunch prep easier, and be sure to check out our video on how to make a healthy lunch for your kids this back-to-school.
- Pre-cut a rainbow of fruits and veggies for the week(the more colors, the more nutrients).
- Use PlanetBox for a quick and healthy lunch packing system: This includes an automatic portion control, compartments for fruits, veggies, protein, and dips and the ability to refrigerate overnight in the lunchbox, throw in dishwasher after school.
- Empower your children to put the lunch, especially the fruits and veggies into the compartments — if they pack it, they are more likely to eat it.
- Take a protein from dinner for the main part of lunch, and add a whole wheat roll, whole wheat pita, or whole wheat crackers.
- Pack a re-usable water bottle (juice has too much sugar).
The Ten Best Wooden Play Kitchens For Kids
Cooking is a timeless fascination for children. This type of play goes beyond gender and teaches kids loads of life skills along the way. An investment in a play kitchen is money well spent, as it can provide hours of entertainment. We've rounded up the ten best wooden play ...read more
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Momtrends was not paid for this post.