Are you ready for back-to-school and all of the lunch prep that comes with it? To help us out we are sharing some tips from Katherine Eskovitz, co-founder of the Little BLUEPRINT series that was created to empower and boost children’s emotional and intellectual skills by devising and executing their own plans for life's situations whether it be related to sleep, loss of a grandparent, safety in the home, or divorce these books are the first "guides for kids" for real-life issues. new books which are great for parents and kids for back to school! This includes fun books for back-to-school like To Be a Healthy Eater, I Have a Plan where children learn how to become healthy eaters by making them a key part of the process and a newly released a Preschool book which helps children prepare for school! Check out some of her tips to making lunch prep easier, and be sure to check out our video on how to make a healthy lunch for your kids this back-to-school.
- Pre-cut a rainbow of fruits and veggies for the week(the more colors, the more nutrients).
- Use PlanetBox for a quick and healthy lunch packing system: This includes an automatic portion control, compartments for fruits, veggies, protein, and dips and the ability to refrigerate overnight in the lunchbox, throw in dishwasher after school.
- Empower your children to put the lunch, especially the fruits and veggies into the compartments — if they pack it, they are more likely to eat it.
- Take a protein from dinner for the main part of lunch, and add a whole wheat roll, whole wheat pita, or whole wheat crackers.
- Pack a re-usable water bottle (juice has too much sugar).
The Best Japanese Beauty Products
I am sure most of you have heard about K-Beauty at this point. A K-Beauty skincare regimen involves numerous steps from cleansing, to toning and various levels of moisturizing. It is involved but yields serious results. With that being said, maybe you can’t commit to a routine ...read more
Stylish Beach Accessories for a Day in the Sun, Sand, and Surf
I've been coveting this Eugenia Kim sun hat that's been all over Instagram for the past two months. With a wide-brim and the words "Do Not Disturb" embroidered on the front, it's the ideal accessory for a quiet day of reading on the beach. Built-in shade, some peaceful privacy, ...read more
How to Get Your Child Involved in Ski Racing
Do you ever watch the Winter Olympics with your family? We sure do at this house. Seeing the ski racers fly down the mountains was a big part of what attracted our girls to ski racing, but the biggest draw was friendship and time spent in the snow. If you are wondering how to get ...read more
Momtrends was not paid for this post.