We're sharing our favorite veggie burger this week for our recipe swap. Why is it the Best Veggie Burger? It's tasty and got loads of great ingredients. While we're not ready to completely give up meat, with a burger this tasty, it's easy to try out the meat-free movement.
Why Veggie Burgers Are a Thing
As we all know burgers are so good, and so satisfying. When it comes to meal planning at home, we thought: why not turn burger night into something healthier. I know when you think veggie burger you think it will probably think it will taste like cardboard but not this one. Shhhh--Your family wont know the difference. Here's the recipe that your family will instantly adore.
The Best Veggie Burger Recipe
Nutrition: 262 calories, makes 4 burgers
- 2 cups ( one 14- ounce can) black beans, red beans or chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (we like Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tbs. chilli powder
- salt for taste
- freshly ground black pepper for taste
- 1 egg
- Bean-cooking liquid, as needed
- 1 tbs. olive oil or neutral oil, like grapeseed or corn for cooking
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
How to Make The Best Veggie Burger Recipe:
- Place the beans, onions, oats, chili powder, salt, pepper and egg in a food processor and pulse until chunky but not pureed; if it seems dry or not sticking together well, add a little liquid ( a tablespoon at a time). You want it to me moist but not wet.
- Let it sit in the fridge for a few minutes.
- With wet hands, shape into patties
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes
- Heat a large skillet or griddle (whatever you have) over middle heat and add just enough oil to coat the bottom of pan. When its hot, add the patties and cook until they are nicely browned on one side (about 5 minutes) turn over carefully and cool on the other side until firm and browned (another 5 minutes).
Serve on buns and make sure you have everyone's favorite burger fixings! If you want to make it even more fun, why not create a burger bar like we did a few summers ago.
More vegetarian recipes from Momtrends
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Healthy Eats board
Momtrends was not paid for this Best Veggie Burger post.