Calling all fashion and style-conscious Moms out there Rory Beca, designer of her eponymous line and new Mom to son Jackson (who is 4 months old), shares her tips on balancing work and home.
Designed to embody chic simplicity, something every Mom wants, the Rory Beca collection delivers casually luxe styles that are as versatile as they are unique. Infused with bright pops of color a nod to the quintessential, L.A.-cool heritage of the line every universally flattering silhouette is created to empower women to feel sexy and confident without sacrificing comfort.
- Keep getting dressed simple. I have been wearing rompers or just long jersey gowns - they are easy and comfortable and you don't have to think about putting together an outfit. Any of the rompers from my collection work because you don't have to think about what to wear, it is already an entire outfit that you just slip on.
- I wear Georgette blouses - the material is great because it is easy and loose, and good for Moms running around that want to get a little bit more dressed up. Try my Clifton Embroidery gauze top; it is light, comfortable and not fitted, perfect for Moms on the go, or my Pete georgette embroidered top it is a tunic that covers everything. The fabric is easy to wear, and it has great embroidery detail so it feels more dressed up that it really is.
- If you are working full time and have no time for a work out- jump rope. I have found that to be the only way to actually get in a workout. I am up in the morning with my son and then off to work and don't have time to go to the gym or a class or even a quick run, so the easiest thing is just to grab the jump rope. I can do it anytime and it doesn't require I go anywhere. I will do it even if I have 15 minutes free.
- For makeup I am using Chanel lip color Boy. It is the best color for summer and that is all you need to put on if you don't have time for makeup. It's very natural, but it gives your face a little pick me up.
- Instead of using those breast-feeding, not-so-stylish tops, I wear Nation split v neck t-shirts. They are perfect for breast feeding moms.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.