Looking to glow effortlessly? We found the ideal beauty product that will do just that with SOTHYS and their line of Parisian Style Makeup. Scientists at SOTHYS in France collaborate with universities and research laboratories to develop products and professional treatments with breakthrough formulas.
This is a beautiful line that is sleekly to make it easy to channel your inner Parisienne and embrace effortless chic. This includes a choice of foundations such as the SOTHYS Teint Naturel ($46), Teint Mat ($46), or Teint Satiné, the SOTHYS Teint Lumineux Compact ($49) and Teint Transparent Compact, the SOTHYS Concealer Pencil and more.
Also, check out these tips from Anne Kohlhagen on how to achieve the Effortless Chic Look:
- Don't forget the prep. Before applying foundation, moisturize the skin and eye area for smooth application and the appearance of supple, radiant skin. Begin with delicately textured SOTHYS Multi-Action Eye Contour around the eye area, followed by SOTHYS Hydradvance Cream (Light or Comfort formulas) for the face and neck.
- Erase imperfections. For the under eye area, try SOTHYS Dark Circles Eraser. This powdery tinted emulsion is more than a concealer – its active ingredients treat and protect the undereye area. Use the tip of your ring finger to gently blend into skin. For spots or blemishes, color over the spot lightly with SOTHYS Concealer Pencil, and pat in gently with the tip of your finger. Spread a small amount of SOTHYS Complexion Perfector over the face to reduce the appearance of pores and shine, and to help skin appear more flawless.
- Pick the right foundation for your skin. For oily skin, Anne recommends either SOTHYS Teint Mat (with pore- refining ingredients for a mattifying effect) or SOTHYS Teint Naturel (for sheer coverage and a formula eight hours of continuous hydration). For dry or mature skin, she recommends SOTHYS Teint Satiné for medium coverage with a smoothing, wrinkle-softening effect.
- Keep your touch light. Apply foundation sparingly, using fingers or a foundation brush. Then pat into skin with fingertips to help the foundation adhere to the face. It should simply look like skin! SOTHYS Foundations can also be used around the eye area as needed.
- Healthy glow, glow, glow. Apply SOTHYS Illuminating Trio with a powder brush in wide spirals for a bit of healthy glow – touching the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, and the chin. This product can also be applied to the eyelids as a more natural-looking alternative to eye shadow.
- Less is more. The eyes can be played up in a variety of different ways, but achieving a look that is not fussy or overdone can be a bit tricky, according to Anne. Apply eyeliner and/or mascara as a subtle accent.
- The best lines are soft ones. Lining the eye is optional and should never look harsh. Apply delicately to the insides of the tear lines, the lash line or in between the lashes. For this look the liner should be neither too thick nor too “winged out.” SOTHYS Universal Black Eye Pencil goes on smoothly every time, and its sponge tip makes blending a snap. Slightly smudged is what you want with this look. If you find it difficult to apply the color directly to the eye area, draw a small amount of the creamy pencil on your hand, then use an eye brush to pick up the color. Apply the brush to your lash line for a soft look.
- Take two steps for stand out lashes. One of the easiest ways to make eyes stand out is to simply curl the lashes and apply a bit of water and tear resistant SOTHYS Essential Mascara. Start at the base of the lashes and work your way outwards. And no clumps or chunks, please!
- Zigzag for evening. For an evening lash, move the wand in a zigzag motion concentrating the product at the lash base. Focus on the top lashes to keep it looking natural.
- Gently fill in. Don’t draw brows on, but simply fill in the gaps with light, feathery strokes. Keep the overall look natural– brows should never look ‘stamped on.’
- Don’t over-darken. Choose a shade of SOTHYS Eyebrow Pencil that is slightly lighter than your natural hair color. After applying, lightly brush out the brows starting from the inside out to enhance the ‘je ne sais quoi’ attitude.
- Start with healthy, moisturized lips. Apply SOTHYS Plumping Lip Balm from the center of the lips outward with a lip brush or fingertip to make lips feel soft and appear full. SOTHYS Universal Lip Filler acts as a universal, colorless liner for smooth lipstick application. Outline the lip area to prevent feathering and ensure long wear.
- Think subtle sophistication. For daytime, SOTHYS Rouge Doux goes on like a glossy stain and feels soft on the lips.
- Add a pop of colorful confidence. For bold statement, SOTHYS Rouge Intense is full-coverage and long lasting. A classic red is like a little black dress – it goes with just about anything and always works. (If a bold color feels unapproachable, try blending it with a lip moisturizer or blotting with a tissue after application.)
- Keep color current. For summer 2014, sheer pinks, corals and plums are particularly on trend. For Fall 2014, nude shades and classic reds take center stage.
SOTHYS Makeup will be available at the SOTHYS Institute in New York City (37 West 57th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues) in May and at partner spa locations nationwide (please visit www.sothys-usa.com to find a location nearest you) in July at www.skin1.com, www.ibeautysource.com and www.drskinspa.com.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given some samples for review.