Having a new baby in the house means a constant battle of clutter. I prefer to have only items that are essential to keep the visual chaos to a minimum. One of the items I never used with my other two children was a swing. I just didn't feel it was a necessity.
But when 4moms asked me to try their latest product, the 4moms® rockaRoo™, I was intrigued. It seemed different than other swings I have seen and since using the 4moms® rockaRoo™, I can attest that I was right, IT is different!
Our sweet baby girl is nearly two months old and we are settling into a routine and getting used to the many changes that have unfolded since her arrival. Being a mama to three little ones can be hectic~keeping schedules for three little people can be nothing short of a juggling act and I have had to make some adjustments in my parenting for sure.
The 4moms® rockaRoo™ has become part of our daily routine. Around 4:00 our house is at its busiest, homework, dinner, and playtime all mixed together, and it happens to be the baby's fussiest time.
Things we love about the 4moms® rockaRoo™:
- No batteries to change, it plugs in to power up
- It rocks gently, even on the highest speed (5 speeds in all)
- It has a cocoon like seat, envelops baby to maximize feeling of comfort and security
- It comes with a (reversible) newborn insert making it cozy and secure for the tiniest of babes
- It stops immediately when you power down
- The power button lights up so you don't have to disturb baby's slumber
- It has the perfect incline-just enough but not too much
- The toys are removable, are two-toned (great for baby's appropriate developmental stage) and only move if baby moves them (less stimulation).
- The seat is plush, washable and easily removable.
- The toy bar swivels completely out of the way or can be removed.
- It has sleek, modern lines and a smaller footprint than most swings.
- It is sturdy but not too heavy or bulky.
Whether she needs to rest, play or relax, the 4moms® rockaRoo™ has been the perfect place to settle our little girl when she can't be in my arms.
What 4Moms has to say about the rockaRoo:
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 35 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Make an Easy Paper Plate Snowman
If you live on the East Coast, it's likely you've seen some snow already, same for our friends out in the Rockies. There's something magical about a snow day and the playing outside in a winter wonderland. This craft is inspired by the simply joy of making a snowman. Whether you ...read more
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Why swing when you can rock? The 4moms® rockaRoo™ flips the traditional swing on its head. Literally. It rocks like a rocking horse, which maximizes the sensation of motion for your baby. It features five speeds, an MP3 hook-up, and removable toy balls.
Retail: $149 for Classic Nylon (Grey), $179 for Plush (Silver, Multi-Color)
- Advanced Robotics~Motion control software rocks like a rocking horse, which maximizes the sensation for your baby.
- Compact~It’s 70 percent smaller than a typical swing. (Assembled: 29.6 l x 16.5 w x 27.5 h)
- Reversible/Removable Toy Balls
- Switch from colorful balls to black and white.
- Five Speeds~Adjustable speed for rest or play.
- Weight Restriction: up to 25 pounds
If you're familiar with 4Moms, you might be wondering,
what the difference is between the rockaRoo and the mamaRoo?
- The 4moms® rockaRoo™ flips the traditional swing on its head and moves like a rocking horse, which maximizes the sensation of motion for baby. The 4moms mamaRoo is designed to move like you do, with 5 different motions that mimic the ones parents often use to soothe their infants.
- Both seats come with the ability to plug in a phone or mp3 player, so you can play your favorite music for your little one! BUT, mamaRoo also offers white noise and nature sounds that are built into the swing.
- The 4moms® rockaRoo™ comes in classic grey for $159, and both multi and silver plush for $179. The mamaRoo is available in classic grey and black for $199, and in blue, green, multi, and silver plush for $249.
To learn more about 4Moms, follow them on facebook, twitter and don't forget to enter to win a 4moms® rockaRoo™ of your own during the 31 Days of rockaRoo (daily giveaway throughout January). CLICK HERE to visit, Everything's Abuzz for your chance to win!
Momtrends was not compensated for this post. A sample was received.