A lot of parents now only shop online for their back-to-school shopping. To help us save money, Momtrends learned some tips from Scott Fitterman, CEO of CouponCactus.com on how to shop smart during this time.
1.Maximize value with online coupons: When purchasing Back-to-school products online always search for coupon codes to save money. Make sure to review your final checkout screen before you make your purchase. Be sure to confirm the items in your checkout are correct and that your promotional codes have been applied.
2. Stay Current. When looking for Back-to-School deals make sure you are finding the most up-to-date discounts and codes online. Take note of any expiration dates for discounts and use discount websites to help you locate the newest deals for a particular merchant.
3.Take advantage of Cash back: Some websites earn commissions from sales made through the site and can share their commissions with you in the form of cash back. It’s just like a cash back credit card. You can earn cash back from thousands of online merchants. If you’re not shopping through a cash back site, you’re throwing money away.
4. Exercise caution when combining coupons with cash back: You can use online coupons and combine the savings with cash back features for extra value, but exercise caution. Some coupon codes disqualify the order for cash back benefits, so read the cash back site’s coupon details very carefully.
Home Edit You Need a Bar Cart
We made it!Yes kids, we made it through the first holiday of the holiday season. Technically yes, Halloween is a holiday but it's not one of the BIG holidays. In my household, Halloween usually entails sitting around with a bottle of wine, shooing teenagers with pillowcase candy ...read more
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Ski Moms
We've rounded up a dozen stocking stuffers ideas for you to give to skiers and snowboarders. Related: Holiday gift guide for skiers and riders 10 Great Stocking Stuffers for Skiers and Riders We've got more than 20 ideas to share for stocking stuffers. Many are $10 and under. Of ...read more
Simple and small facial steamer
Does your skin need a boost this winter? This little skincare device doesn't take up much space and delivers a natural way to enhance your skin. I love it for teens and tweens as well. This simple and small facial steamer makes a great gift for anyone who loves to do facials at ...read more
5. Make sure you’re really getting a deal on all your Fall essentials: Most of the time stores offer actual discounts, but as with all things you should do your due diligence and check online to determine how good the price really is.
6. Compare Sites. If you know the exact book bag or laptop you want to buy this Fall, it pays to shop around at different online retailers to compare prices. Some sites help consumers by providing a list of all online stores in a particular category.
7. Pay attention to shipping costs. Some retailers make up their low prices by adding costs to the shipping. Be sure you're getting the lowest possible overall price, by double checking your shipping.
8. Exclusivity Pays. Research before you buy to find coupon or cash back websites that offer consumers exclusive online deals for fall products. If you don’t search before your buy, you may miss it.
Tips provided by Scott Fitterman, CEO of CouponCactus.com and be sure to check out their dedicated back-to-school coupon page here: http://www.couponcactus.com/coupons/back-to-school.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.