One of the favorite things about my job at Momtrends is that it offers me the flexibility to do what I love. Having been in the editorial space for 10 years, I value my time differently where making my own scedule has been beneficial to help me foster (as much as possible) that home/work balance. Since I can literally work anywhere (with a good Wi-Fi) connection, I have to make sure my tools (aka my computer) are always in order.
Over the holidays, my husband gave me a computer, and I was elated to have something that was lighter and faster. It didn't have any Office products, so I was thrilled when I had the chance to test out the Office 365 Home Premium package that included the complete set of Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access.
As a monthly subscription, this system allows one license that ability to use the system for an entire household (up to 5 devices), which is a great savings with multiple computer users. Avaiable for Windows tablets, PCs or Macs, the program also includes an additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage (nearly three times the amount available with a free SkyDrive account), automatic save to SkyDrive and 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month to call mobile phones, landlines or PCs around the world. I love this for some many reasons. More storage, ability to save and access to all the programs I use has increased my producivity and kept me organized.
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cocktail
If there is a time of year that I consider "my season," it is surely fall! I love everything about autumn from the crisp air to the brilliant colors of the foliage. The mountain landscape by far is my favorite. Whether I'm in the Rockies or the Appalachians, the mountains are ...read more
Make a Fall Leaf Menu for the Holidays
I'd rather throw a party than crawl under the covers. Are you with me fellow hostesses? Let's talk about harvest season. It's a favorite time to entertain. To celebrate the season, try this fall leaf menu craft. It's perfect for Thanksgiving or just for fun. We have this amazing ...read more
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Parmesan and Prosciutto Toast
Nashville star Kimberly Williams-Paisley may play a drama queen on Nashville, but in real life she embraces moderation. Last week I sat down for a chat with Kimberly and got to nibble on dark chocolate while learning about the fine art of moderation. She shared a fall Creamy ...read more
Check out more of the top 10 features of Office 365 below:
- If you are reading, not writing or editing, click or tap View, then Read Mode in Word to hide the writing tools and menus.
- Re-open a document or presentation, and keep reading right where you left off with Resume reading in Word and PowerPoint.
- Like a data assistant that finishes your work for you, Flash Fill in Excel detects what you want to do and enters the rest of your data in one fell swoop, following patterns in your data.
- Dress up your data with conditional formatting such as bars and color scales through the Quick Analysis Lens in Excel.
- Tired of trying to precisely match the colors of shapes and pictures in PowerPoint? Let Eyedropper in PowerPoint do the work for you.
- With an improved Presenter View in PowerPoint, the audience views your slides on a main screen, while you control the show on another screen that only you can see.
- Inline replies in Outlookallow you toreply with one click by typing your response right in the Reading Pane.
- Grab a quick glance at your schedule, an appointment or your to-do list with peeks in Outlook, without having to switch from email to calendar or other modes.
- If the sound of typing is distracting, you can handwrite notes in OneNote instead of typing them. This is also useful if you’re faster at writing than at typing.
- Instead of re-typing information or relying on links to documents, feel free to embed files in OneNote to keep them handy online or offline.
Win it! We are giving away a Office 365 Home Premium package ($99.99 value) for an annual subscription to one lucky winner. To enter, tell me what feature you are the most excited about from Office 365 in the comments section.
FOR EXTRA ENTRIES (3 EXTRA ENTRIES FOR A TOTAL OF 4):
1. Like MOMTRENDS and Office 365 on Facebook
2. Follow @MOMTRENDS and @Office365 on Twitter.
3. TWEET THIS MESSAGE: ?"Enter to win a @Office365 package from @Momtrends #giveaway #office http://bit.ly/10AITDG"
Full Disclosure: Winner must be 18 years or older and a US Resident. No purchase necessary. Winners will be notified via email with the specifics on how to claim their prize. Contest ends 5/5/13 at Midnight EST. Winners will be picked by random.org. By entering this contest, you will automatically be signing up for the Momtrends newsletter.