Thousand-dollar handbags, evening gowns designed to be worn only once, shoes that cost more than a spa weekend: for most women, price-is-no-object shopping is pure fantasy. What they want is a guide to great style that fits theirreal bodies, real budgets and their real lives. The new, re-imagined REDBOOKis here to fill that void.
Beginning with the April issue, REDBOOK has a unique mission: to deliver fun, fabulous, affordable fashion, beauty and home ideas for the style-conscious, savvy reader. We're her personal shopper and stylist, inspired by a revolution in retail that makes high design available at accessible price points. With today’s mobile culture in mind, the magazine offers social sharing and e-commerce activation on every page powered by Eye Capture. The redesigned, lowercase logo captures the casual spirit of the new REDBOOK; inside, readers will find a carefully curated collection of the best looks, at the best prices, available now and shoppable right from their phones.
The new cover format breaks from tradition, including both a celebrity and a preview of products and ideas found in the magazine’s pages, so readers can ‘window-shop’ the issue at a glance. April features the smart girl’s fashion icon Lauren Conrad, along with a taste of what's in the issue, from a great bag under $50 to delicious foods that slim you down.
This also includes updated graphic treatments, vibrant colors and lush photography define the new REDBOOK. The bold layout of the magazine’s popular “50 Under $50” section has been adapted to highlight Fashion Under $50, Beauty Under $25 and Home Under $100.Inspiration Board pages are visually engaging and brimming with fun, actionable ideas.
To make it even easier for our reader to purchase what she sees and loves, Eye Capture, a free mobile app that delivers a contextually-enriched magazine reader experience through an intuitive, page-centric interface. This technology allows her to snap a photo of a page to immediately buy the products as well as share them with friends. Redbookmag.com also offers shoppable content with Kneon's HyperPhoto technology and a new “Shop Now” button.
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? The hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to the Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko and had five days of mountain adventures. I ...read more
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cocktail
If there is a time of year that I consider "my season," it is surely fall! I love everything about autumn from the crisp air to the brilliant colors of the foliage. The mountain landscape by far is my favorite. Whether I'm in the Rockies or the Appalachians, the mountains are ...read more
Make a Fall Leaf Menu for the Holidays
I'd rather throw a party than crawl under the covers. Are you with me fellow hostesses? Let's talk about harvest season. It's a favorite time to entertain. To celebrate the season, try this fall leaf menu craft. It's perfect for Thanksgiving or just for fun. We have this amazing ...read more
REDBOOK’s April issue introduces Team RED, a lineup of five dynamic celebrity contributors offering insider knowledge and tips, with designer Rachel Roy on fashion, Kelly Osbourne on fitness, Tori Spelling on home décor, The Chew’s Carla Hall on food, and makeup artist Mally Roncal on beauty.
“This is truly an insight-driven ‘re-imagining,’” said publisher Mary Morgan. “We’ve done tons of consumer research over the years and one of the most consistent things we hear is women’s desire for beautiful, of-the-moment, wearable fashion. Our readers are mad for the new, high style, reasonably priced pieces cropping up at top retailers - they don’t stress over the high-priced looks most women can only dream about. We’ve increased our beauty and fashion coverage to reflect this desire.”
More features in the new REDBOOK include:
- ?Exclusive Discounts: Bright yellow buttons highlight dozens of REDBOOK-only discounts and giveaways throughout the issue. Another button identifies many items available in plus size (a market that few magazines cover), so readers can find what they want quickly.
- Mall Manual: Allows readers to shop at 25% off at a different popular retailer every month.
- ?Iconic Style: Every month readers will see a wear-it-forever classic (the trench coat, the pencil skirt) on famous style icons, from Audrey Hepburn to Gwyneth Paltrow, coupled with affordable examples they can buy now.
- ?Real Chic: Throughout the magazine, real women—not fashion editors and off-duty models—showcase great-on-everyone fashion and beauty that works for regular life, not just red carpets and runways.
- ?Step-by-Step Beauty Tutorials: Visual how-tos show just how simple it is to look pretty with REDBOOK’s hair and makeup tips.
- 1 Dream Room, 15 Real Ideas: Fancy decorators share the rooms that made them famous, and then tell readers exactly how to get the look for less. Plus more fun, easy-to-pull-off home and food ideas, from chef's tricks to happy paint colors.
- ?Trick Out My ______: Healthy and delicious ways to rev up meals and snacks we're all a little bored with.
- ?Cool new recipes: Because cooking is another way to express style, REDBOOK shows readers how incorporate flavors and trends from around the country in their everyday meals.
- ?Memorable stories: REDBOOK has always served up great writing, so the reader will find more intimate personal essays she’ll be thinking about for weeks to come.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.