We all know that pregnancy means you don't have to give up your style. zulily, the leading online daily deals site for moms, babies, and kids, shared some tips style tips for dressing your bump.
zulilys Robin Popst and Debbie O. designer Debbi Shultzman collaborated on zulily-exclusive looks, which premiered during Maternity Fashion week (happening now!). Together they hand picking fabrics and bestselling bodies that represent a ultra-chic, hip mom-to-be. Check out her tips below and show-off your bump in style.
1. Dont be afraid to explore your style! You have a chance to get a whole new wardrobe, so embrace it and take the opportunity to treat yourself to some new clothes that you may have never tried before.
2. Show off your bump. Wearing form-fitting clothes shows that youre a proud mom-to-be, and theyre flattering, too! Try side-ruched tops or wrap dresses that tie for some accentuation.
3. Horizontal stripes are actually flattering. Weve all heard that horizontal stripes make you look bigger, but the reality is that they actually have the opposite effect. When horizontal stripes are around the belly, they create a narrowing effect at the waist, actually making you look smaller!
4. Invest in a good pair of maternity jeans. It might be hard to put your money in to pricier jeans for just nine months, but its worth it. Get just one or two pairs of good jeans that you can live in and will flatter your changing body. I like skinny jeans for maternity. Your legs are one of the smallest parts on your body when youre pregnant, so skinny jeans show them off.
5. Dont forget accessories. Nothing completes an outfit better than the appropriate accessories. Adding a lightweight scarf to a simple tee and jeans spices up the outfit and gives you that put-together look (even if it really only took five minutes to get ready!). Many maternity lines have complementary accessories, so be sure to check them out.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.