This month we are sharing the how-to's to throwing an In-Home Styling party. This is the perfect party inspiration for anyone with a side hustle where they sell products from home. Check out creative ways to display merchandise, bodega floral arrangements, savory snacks and a stellar signature cocktail.
Inspired at a In-Home Styling Party
In-home styling parties are all the rage these days. Whether you are a professional stylist working for a company or just prefer to have friends over for a clothing swap, it is important to style the product (just like you style yourself) using subtle props that organically integrate the merchandise into the space.
- Add props: We've styled the latest designs from Stella & Dot using props from CB2, Pier 1 Imports, Crate and Barrel and The Container Store.
- Brighten up the room with bodega flowers using various textures and colors to give the arrangement depth and contrast.
- Create a signature cocktail and a self-serve bar to spend more time with your guests. My favorite is the strawberry-peach sangria. TIP: Cut up fruit beforehand and keep extra in the refrigerator. Let the sangria stand at room temperature for at least 1- 2 hours or chill up to 4 hours. Serve sangria over ice.
Ready to entertain? Try this simple summer recipe for Sangria.
- 1 750-ml bottle dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup Cointreau
- 3 peaches, each cut into 12 slices
- 1 large orange, cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 1 large lemon, cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 3 to 4 cups ice cubes
- Mix white wine, Cointreau, strawberries, peaches, orange slices, lemon slices, and in large pitcher, smashing citrus slices slightly.
- For the non alcoholic drink you can add 7up, seltzer or sprite.
The Best Ski Socks for Women
Warm feet make the ski day so much more fun. Investing in good ski socks can improve your time on snow. We're sharing our picks for the best ski socks for women. Decide on the thickness and compression you need and then stock up. The 10 Best Ski Socks for Women Check out our ...read more
10 Things to Do on Your Okemo Ski Vacation
This popular East Coast ski resort has been helping families create snowy fun with families for decades. A few years ago Vail Resorts bought the property and has continues to invest in the family-friendly fun. They focus on getting kids and outdoors - because ski moms know the ...read more
Plan a Family King Pine Ski Vacation
Some of my favorite travel memories involve being outdoors in the snow with my girls. We have the best time on the lifts telling stories and plotting our perfect runs (and the perfect hot cocoa break). I work hard to carve out vacation time with the kids--time to connect and make ...read more
Serve savory appetizers on festive and stylish dinnerware. See below to enter to win a Novogratz serving tray, plate, bowl and mug to enjoy at your next party.
We made easy choice on what to serve our guests.
- The savory snack is toasted bread, squared and layered with meats, cheeses and olives held together with a toothpick
- Guacamole deviled egg recipe
Styling Inspiration Ideas
MORE SUMMER FUN IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Be sure to use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas for date night. And for more Summer Fun, be sure to follow this board.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.