This month we are sharing the how-to's to throwing an In-Home Styling party. This is the perfect party inspiration for anyone with a side hustle where they sell products from home. Check out creative ways to display merchandise, bodega floral arrangements, savory snacks and a stellar signature cocktail.
Inspired at a In-Home Styling Party
In-home styling parties are all the rage these days. Whether you are a professional stylist working for a company or just prefer to have friends over for a clothing swap, it is important to style the product (just like you style yourself) using subtle props that organically integrate the merchandise into the space.
- Add props: We've styled the latest designs from Stella & Dot using props from CB2, Pier 1 Imports, Crate and Barrel and The Container Store.
- Brighten up the room with bodega flowers using various textures and colors to give the arrangement depth and contrast.
- Create a signature cocktail and a self-serve bar to spend more time with your guests. My favorite is the strawberry-peach sangria. TIP: Cut up fruit beforehand and keep extra in the refrigerator. Let the sangria stand at room temperature for at least 1- 2 hours or chill up to 4 hours. Serve sangria over ice.
Ready to entertain? Try this simple summer recipe for Sangria.
- 1 750-ml bottle dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup Cointreau
- 3 peaches, each cut into 12 slices
- 1 large orange, cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 1 large lemon, cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 3 to 4 cups ice cubes
- Mix white wine, Cointreau, strawberries, peaches, orange slices, lemon slices, and in large pitcher, smashing citrus slices slightly.
- For the non alcoholic drink you can add 7up, seltzer or sprite.
Best Mosquito Wristband for Your Family Hikes
Do you want to know what my number one summer hiking must have is? Well, get ready because I'm giving you the lowdown on it today. You see, my family loves to hike. I mean we loooooove to hike. If there isn't a trail we can hit up while we're on vacation we are definitely not ...read more
How to Create a Cozy Reading Nook for Kids
Have a bookworm in the family? Or a struggling reader you want to encourage? Creating a cozy reading nook somewhere in your house is a great way to provide a dedicated space designed for digging into a good book. Here are the three elements of a good reading space and a few ...read more
Always brunch! And what better cocktail to have with brunch than a mimosa? With the holidays quickly approaching, gatherings will be happening more frequently as we focus more on quality time with family and friends. If you have little ones like I do, evenings can be hard to pull ...read more
Serve savory appetizers on festive and stylish dinnerware. See below to enter to win a Novogratz serving tray, plate, bowl and mug to enjoy at your next party.
We made easy choice on what to serve our guests.
- The savory snack is toasted bread, squared and layered with meats, cheeses and olives held together with a toothpick
- Guacamole deviled egg recipe
Styling Inspiration Ideas
MORE SUMMER FUN IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Be sure to use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas for date night. And for more Summer Fun, be sure to follow this board.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.