Until this year, denim shorts were something that had remained in my very distant style past. I definitely rocked my fair share of denim shorts in my youth. In fact, I do believe I had every color of the rainbow and in high school cuffed denim shorts were my jam. After that however, I walked away from denim shorts and didn't look back. I'm sharing some of my favorite cuts and tips for how to style your denim shorts.
How to Wear Denim Shorts
When the cut offs trend hit strong again a few years back, I mulled over trying that out, but I never quite got around to it. This year, however with several different types of denim shorts being on trend, I decided it's time to revisit my youth and take the denim shorts plunge again.
Six Denim Shorts to Try this Summer
- J.Crew cut off shorts
- J.Crew Denim white shorts
- BLANKCNYC white frayed jean shorts
- HDE red denim shorts
- Juicy Couture denim shorts
- AG Adriano Goldschmied shorts
Have you been on the fence about denim shorts too? Well, this roundup just might help you make up your mind. I think I've found a pair that should work for just about everyone.
Spring Skiing at Mount Bachelor, Oregon
No one told me it was possible to ski in a foot of fresh powder in May. Being part of the ski world has opened up many exciting travel opportunities for me. Heading to Bend, Oregon for a bit of spring skiing at Mount Bachelor was a completely unexpected delight, and it might just ...read more
The Best Japanese Beauty Products
I am sure most of you have heard about K-Beauty at this point. A K-Beauty skincare regimen involves numerous steps from cleansing, to toning and various levels of moisturizing. It is involved but yields serious results. With that being said, maybe you can’t commit to a routine ...read more
Stylish Beach Accessories for a Day in the Sun, Sand, and Surf
I've been coveting this Eugenia Kim sun hat that's been all over Instagram for the past two months. With a wide-brim and the words "Do Not Disturb" embroidered on the front, it's the ideal accessory for a quiet day of reading on the beach. Built-in shade, some peaceful privacy, ...read more
Which Style to Try
- First up is the Bermuda. Bermuda shorts are for the girl who doesn't want to show off a ton of skin and us busy mamas who need something comfortable to run around in. I'm loving a nice slim fit pair along with a loose fitting v-neck tee myself.
- If Bermudas are on the long side for your, but you don't want to go super short, try a pair of mid length boyfriend shorts. They have all the comfort of Bermuda shorts, but show off a bit more leg.
- Next are white and colored denim. If you're looking for a fresh, crisp look opt for white denim shorts and if you're looking to make more of a statement, go for a bold color like red! A red pair would be perfect for the upcoming Fourth of July weekend.
- And finally we have cut offs. Channel your inner festival princess and rock a boho worthy pair of cut off denim shorts. This just might be the year I finally tackle the cut offs challenge myself!
MORE SUMMER STYLE FROM MOMTRENDS
- Tips for picking the right sunglasses for your face.
- My favorite summer outfit
- Summer fashion Essentials
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Summer Style board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were give samples for review. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Momtrends and allow us to keep reporting on trends.